Moonroof Circuit Breaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cduke123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The moonroof on a 2006 Yukon XL Denali is failing; I understand this is a common problem.

Until I decide to repair / replace it, I am planning to pull the circuit breaker to render it unusable, especially since I rarely open it. I am having trouble finding the circuit breaker on the panel. My concern is that it may control multiple electrical devices and pulling it would effect others.

Does anyone know which circuit breaker would remove power to the moonroof and what, if anything, else would be effected?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just reach up in the headliner and unplug the motor, usually the motor is the problem anyway
Sometimes the motor is the problem but not always. The plastic pieces that guide it along track in my sunroof have broken, and lodged in the tracks, preventing my sunroof from sliding back. So I can’t open it and have it get stuck open like many others have documented. I was fortunate. The same thing happened in the 2005 esky ESV that belong sto the family I share the house with and hers got stuck completely open. They did the same thing. Unplugged the sunroof motor. The power harness is in the over head console right behind the switch.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sometimes the motor is the problem but not always. The plastic pieces that guide it along track in my sunroof have broken, and lodged in the tracks, preventing my sunroof from sliding back. So I can’t open it and have it get stuck open like many others have documented. I was fortunate. The same thing happened in the 2005 esky ESV that belong sto the family I share the house with and hers got stuck completely open. They did the same thing. Unplugged the sunroof motor. The power harness is in the over head console right behind the switch.
They were able to roll it back? This is why I've never wanted a moonroof. My mother has an 04 Rainier with a moonroof, and hers messed up too. Those damn plastic guides. Must be a gm thing.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were able to roll it back? This is why I've never wanted a moonroof. My mother has an 04 Rainier with a moonroof, and hers messed up too. Those damn plastic guides. Must be a gm thing.
They had to open it up and somehow release the glass from the track to be able to slide it back to the closed position. Not sure exactly how they did it as I wasn’t there to see the job. Quite a bit of worm from what I understand though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a gm thing specific to the generation. Gm learned from their mistakes of plastic pieces and did metal guide pieces in the GMT900 sunroofs. There’s also a company online that sells a repair kit for these that replaced all the broken plastic pieces with metal pieces. I plan to pick it up in the spring when the weather gets warmer. Unfortunately they didn’t learn their lesson with crappy plastics as we all know how the gear mechanisms in the power fold mirrors are plastic and break.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a gm thing specific to the generation. Gm learned from their mistakes of plastic pieces and did metal guide pieces in the GMT900 sunroofs. There’s also a company online that sells a repair kit for these that replaced all the broken plastic pieces with metal pieces. I plan to pick it up in the spring when the weather gets warmer. Unfortunately they didn’t learn their lesson with crappy plastics as we all know how the gear mechanisms in the power fold mirrors are plastic and break.

Those sunroof pieces from Gruven too?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@cduke123, if your underhood fusebox looks like this diagram, see the highlighted fuse. That's probably it. Then again, maybe that circuit works only during the day! LOL

upload_2019-2-19_20-53-10.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN