Moog Parts up to the job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
Looking for some advice guys
My 2008 Denali needs upper control arms and lower ball joints and I was looking at Moog CK parts(premium grade as opposed to Moog RK cheaper stuff) as an upgrade but have seen some negative reviews on Moog parts lately should I look elsewhere?
I live in far off Bonny Scotland so I’d like to get this right first time as the import taxes are painfull!
Any advice much appreciated

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moog better line is perfectly acceptable.. Probably close to the oem gm parts.
moog has NOT been as good as it used to be though... but in many cases you have
no other good options. stay away from the RK line of stuff...
I've had good luck with the Mevotech Supreme Line -not the cheaper line and their
Tough Terrain Ball joints have looked, well, tough !!
I've gotten them from rockauto online

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all the moog ck and k stuff a year ago. Its held up great. Full front suspension with oem autoride struts. Rides amazing.

I did not do the rear control arms because it was just the R series stuff which is just chinese economy level stuff.

OP
OP
Bigjimmy

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
Thanks for that
Moog CK and K stuff ordered should be here in a couple of weeks

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Don't overgrease the fittings like I did. My one control arm balljoint boot swelled and then kind of got out of place. Still holding up fine though.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Drwinlied I redid my front end in the beginning of 2020 with Moog and its still perfect. Felt like things needed a month to break in (steering was very stiff in the beginning) but ever since then its very tight and smooth.
Excellent. I appreciate the info. I feel like a lot of the time the bad reputation of non-oem stuff is from folks buying the budget stuff vs at least the higher quality lines. I'm sure not always, but enough to influence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645