Mirror Courtesy Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford141

Reaction score
So, I've have my 2008 Yukon Denali for 4 years. I recently discovered that it has courtesy lights in the side mirrors, but I have never seen them working. I thought maybe they needed new bulbs, but I replaced them and they still don't work. When are these lights supposed to come on? I figured they would come on when I unlock the doors at night but they don't.

IMG_6768.JPG View attachment 228717

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've have my 2008 Yukon Denali for 4 years. I recently discovered that it has courtesy lights in the side mirrors, but I have never seen them working. I thought maybe they needed new bulbs, but I replaced them and they still don't work. When are these lights supposed to come on? I figured they would come on when I unlock the doors at night but they don't.

View attachment 228716 View attachment 228717
if you have a aftermarket alarm/fob they will not light up, if you have the factory fob then it may be a setting in the Drivers information center to turn the lights on/off, I added a viper alarm so I had to wire mine in to come on when I unlock the truck.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 228716 View attachment 228717
I haven't tested this to be certain, but I believe they are part of the perimeter lighting option in the DIC options menu. Try checking to see if perimeter lighting is enabled.

OP
OP
ford141

ford141

Reaction score
I haven't tested this to be certain, but I believe they are part of the perimeter lighting option in the DIC options menu. Try checking to see if perimeter lighting is enabled.

That was my first thought too, so I went through the DIC menu but I didn't see an option for that. I'll dig through it again to check.

I do have the factory key fobs, so that's not an issue.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had found mine after 1.5 yrs owning it... Pulled the lights out, replaced bulbs, still no work... DIC has approach lighting set and there was another one in the menu... I clicked it on, and the lights will light up for about the first 15 second or 30 after hitting unlock... Check the DIC and play with a few settings but don't go changing languages...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had found mine after 1.5 yrs owning it... Pulled the lights out, replaced bulbs, still no work... DIC has approach lighting set and there was another one in the menu... I clicked it on, and the lights will light up for about the first 15 second or 30 after hitting unlock... Check the DIC and play with a few settings but don't go changing languages...
Que’¿

Reaction score
Yup, approach lighting and exit lighting

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie