Mircophones in roof of Denali making a Humming noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the rear one located?

(I have a 2006 Tahoe with rear air & dvd/rse)

the rear... what?

the rear actuator is on the passenger behind the plastic where the a/c unit is

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i did not know this. is this part of the auto a/c climate control? i guess since mine is a 2000 model without auto temp setting i don't have one. but i've always thought it was the on star mic as well. learn something new everyday

thebigredrock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Noisy Fan Fix

I just pulled the sensor apart, I took the fan blade out, snapped the cover back on, totally silent now. Without the fan blade to move air it is less responsive but the sensor still has a general idea of what the cabin temp is. I did buy a new replacement sensor like many others Tahoe owners and the replacement was still noisy.

Drif10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just pulled the sensor apart, I took the fan blade out, snapped the cover back on, totally silent now. Without the fan blade to move air it is less responsive but the sensor still has a general idea of what the cabin temp is. I did buy a new replacement sensor like many others Tahoe owners and the replacement was still noisy.

I haven't gone that far yet myself. Just took it out, blew it clean with air and sensor kleen I used on my maf, works fine 99% of the time. Since I rarely use the auto cc feature, I like your solution.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone have steps on how to replace the rear aspirator? Already did the front on my 05 yukon now the back is annoying me but I haven't found any directions in how to get to it. I did see the post about cutting 4 slits and pulling it out, I'd rather not try that.

RyanJW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the front aspirator quite easily but now the rear one is making the same noise. I'll see if I can get that one replaced and take some photos.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I replaced the front aspirator quite easily but now the rear one is making the same noise. I'll see if I can get that one replaced and take some photos.
Sweet take a lot of pics- I still need to get this done it's getting annoying.

ChrisNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank You guys. I am new here. I had the same issue and it was driving me crazy. Going to replace those fans this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts