Mileage tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there much you can do for an 07 tahoe as far as mileage is concerned? i know with diesels a lot can be done but not too sure how much improvement can be made on a gasser. i already own a V2 so all i would need is the tune done. Thanks!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To see the most in MPGs, I would recommend a higher octane (good quality at that). If all your are looking for is MPGs, I wouldn't bother with a tune if you are only running 87.

OP
OP
J

JJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well if running a higher octane fuel will net me enough gain in MPG to come out cheeper then im all for it. also if there are any mods that are good for these for fuel mileage to help with the tune then let me know what needs to be done as far as that too please.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On your model, 89 octane is generally cheaper to run than 87, due to the MPG increase. That being said, we typically see 1-2MPG increase with good quality gas. The best mod for MPGs on these vehicles, sadly, is a lighter right foot.

OP
OP
J

JJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...i will get her to start filling up with 89 for a few tanks and see what that does to the mileage.

OP
OP
J

JJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
She is about through her first tank of 89 octane...only picked up about .5 MPGs. If i stuck with running the 89 octane would you be able to help any with a tune?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She is about through her first tank of 89 octane...only picked up about .5 MPGs. If i stuck with running the 89 octane would you be able to help any with a tune?

We generally see better mileage gains with the 89 vs. the 87 with that engine. However, as Jenna stated in an earlier post, there are too many other factors to estimate exact gains from a tune, but a tune can never hurt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas