Mileage on 2000-2006 Denali's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cduke123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings! I have searched for posts but not found anything. I have a 2006 Denali which I am considering selling but I would prefer to keep it; I am concerned about the reliability at high mileage (I only have 85,000). How many miles do some of you have on your 2000-2006 Yukon's? I have the 6.0L engine and hope that the vehicle will last a long, long time but would appreciate hearing your experiences regarding longevity of the vehicle.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Mine is right around 154,***. Been pretty reliable, just had the water pump replaced back in November. Transmission still original, no issues. Thats about it for mine.

rpdnali

Reaction score
2006 with 96k. Only issue I have had was the air ride and I lowered and replaced the air shocks with Belltech shocks.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
About 175k in mine now. Water pump was done by PO at 157k. I have the 8.1 engine. No other problems knock on wood.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These NBS's are very reliable as long as you do your routine maint. and ALL fluid changes. There are plenty of them with over 200K.....Yours is barely broken in lol
I have 97K on mine-only failure so far was the autoride-replaced rear shocks and compressor-easy DIY. I plan to hold onto mine for quite some time......

OP
OP
C

cduke123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which shocks/compressor did you use? I looked at them once before, just to see what they cost, but only found the OEM ones, which are fine. I assume that can be done in a driveway with jacks. What was the cost? I am not a fan of the air ride but can't easily change that one!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which shocks/compressor did you use? I looked at them once before, just to see what they cost, but only found the OEM ones, which are fine. I assume that can be done in a driveway with jacks. What was the cost? I am not a fan of the air ride but can't easily change that one!

I went with a company called Arnott. I picked up a set of reman'd OEM shocks and a compressor for $550. I use the auto level because I do alot of towing. It can be done on jackstands too......lots of threads on the subject..search Arnott in the 2000-2006 suspension section

OP
OP
C

cduke123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't tow a lot but love the Denali...hopefully I will get years out of it. If I do decide to sell it, doing so now with lower miles would help. I have not hard anyone resound with negative comments about theirs which I hope is a good sign that there is a high probability will last for along time

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85k miles is a baby. keep up with maintanace, the few problems the denalis have and drive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats