Might need new front shocks...throw some affordable options at me for an '03 Denali..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM-MAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
91 is correct

Auto ride, >> is the electronic dampening of all 4
Auto leveling >> is just the rears by air compressor
Stabilitrak >> involves all three, monitoring the position of the shocks by the load and applies brake and torque managment, when it senses sway or stability issues

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
right so all 4 corners are auto ride air shocks

Negative. Fronts are electronically controlled damping only. stiffness is controlled electronically. rears are electronic and auto-levelling with air. Auto-levelling is front to back, so only one set of shocks needs to have it. It's mostly to keep the rear from sagging under heavy loads and towing conditions.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Negative. Fronts are electronically controlled damping only. stiffness is controlled electronically. rears are electronic and auto-levelling with air. Auto-levelling is front to back, so only one set of shocks needs to have it. It's mostly to keep the rear from sagging under heavy loads and towing conditions.

ok I understand all of that...I guess I'm being vague in my posts and I apologize..

the fronts are still air shocks though, so I can't just slap regular bilsteins on unless I put resistors in the sensors or pull RTD fuse correct?

Im basically trying to find my full scope of options for my truck..right now I have no leaks and no issues besides a seemingly soft floaty ride

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fronts are still air shocks though, so I can't just slap regular bilsteins on unless I put resistors in the sensors or pull RTD fuse correct?

Im basically trying to find my full scope of options for my truck..right now I have no leaks and no issues besides a seemingly soft floaty ride

Fronts are not air shocks, they are electronically damped. The second half of that question is correct.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Exactly.

And yes, you got the rest correct. There are multiple options for front replacements but you will need the resistor or fuse removed.

Wow. My phone like quadruple posted this....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedsz