Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a text from the sales rep later that afternoon that I could purchase the black Z71! Finally a bit of good news. VINview shows a delivery date of 8/8. What is odd is that it was built AFTER the midnight blue Z71. The midnight blue had a 3800 code as of 6/23 then moved to MID lot on 6/24. I was not able to get the event history for the black one but its VIN is -360XXX. The VIN for the midnight blue is -339XXX.

I am assuming some chips were delivered to the Arlington plant during the time that the black one was still on the assembly line and they were able to build it close to completion. This is all speculation but it kind of makes sense to me. So now the trucks sitting in MID lot were moved there due to missing parts/chips. I believe they have to be moved back to the Arlington plant for the missing parts to be installed. Or could those parts be installed on the lot?

The components are delivered just-in-time for production, so if there is a shortage, whatever was built that week goes to storage, but the line keeps running. That's why you see more trucks from March/April/May in storage waiting on chips, and more trucks going to dealers in June/July. Just depends on how much of the component orders are fulfilled as the trucks move down the line.

tuandan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The components are delivered just-in-time for production, so if there is a shortage, whatever was built that week goes to storage, but the line keeps running. That's why you see more trucks from March/April/May in storage waiting on chips, and more trucks going to dealers in June/July. Just depends on how much of the component orders are fulfilled as the trucks move down the line.
That always made the most sense to me on the delays. So if what you're saying is correct then my assumption holds true.

Massive failure by GM on the logistics side and the customer service side.

972sparky

Reaction score
Here is where I'm at. We had a 2015 Yukon SLT that we were trading in. The transmission was starting to go, we did not want to put $7000 into a vehicle we were getting rid of when we had a vehicle in transit (thinking this was not going to be a long process), so it was sold at auction by a friend of ours who is a dealer. I have been driving my husbands truck since.

I have been waiting on a White Frost Denali that has been produced since March and GM Chat tells me is in Midlothian (where new vehicles go to die). There is no window sticker and it has not showed up on the dealers website. In the past few days, three Yukons have shown up on the gmc site as in transit to my local dealership, a White Frost SLT, a Metallic Blue SLT and a Black Denali. I messaged the chat and they stated that the White Frost SLT and Black Denali are produced and IN TRANSIT. The metallic blue is only produced. At this point, I will be taking whatever shows up first, because let's be honest, none of these vehicles have all the options that we are truly looking for to begin with (we wanted the rear media system).

Has anyone had an actual vehicle in transit with a window sticker show up at their dealer and have a timeframe as to what that looked like??
Mine was produced mid June and window sticker showed up a day or two later and on dealers site as in transit. Dealer told me ETA of week of 7/12, unloaded off the truck on 7/18 at the dealer. So 4-5 weeks for mine to SC.

Lbscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Something must be happening down in Texas. The number of 3.0's showing in transit on the GMC site has jumped way up. prior to this week I only saw about 12 listed, today its 150+ within 2K of me. The VINs on some of them from 28XXXX to 34XXXXX. They must be clearing out the Midlothian lot.
Let’s hope so

Kycat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an RST with LUX pkg, Sunroof, and bucket seats on the way. It was produced the week of 7/4. Put on the train on 7/14. On 7/19 it was near St. Louis on the way to Cincinnati where it will be put on a truck and brought to Cent. KY. ETA is 7/31. Vin #3576XX

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an RST with LUX pkg, Sunroof, and bucket seats on the way. It was produced the week of 7/4. Put on the train on 7/14. On 7/19 it was near St. Louis on the way to Cincinnati where it will be put on a truck and brought to Cent. KY. ETA is 7/31. Vin #3576XX
Wow thats a quick turnaround! Glad your getting it quickly! I will find out tomorrow where my order sits after being at 2000 last Thursday when my dealer could actually order it.

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That always made the most sense to me on the delays. So if what you're saying is correct then my assumption holds true.

Massive failure by GM on the logistics side and the customer service side.
I agree. Total failure on GMs part. While I try to be happy for those with such quick turnaround, I am a very bitter that some of us have vehicles ordered in Feb that are still sitting in midlo waiting on chips since April and no explanation, true update or care in world on GM.

Rizop

Reaction score
Something must be happening down in Texas. The number of 3.0's showing in transit on the GMC site has jumped way up. prior to this week I only saw about 12 listed, today its 150+ within 2K of me. The VINs on some of them from 28XXXX to 34XXXXX. They must be clearing out the Midlothian lot.
I see the same thing. The number of diesels in the Detroit area has jumped way up in the past couple of Days. Wonder if there was a sudden surge of produced chips that were missing in the diesels .

esbrittain

Reaction score
I have at LT with the same packages that was built the same week but it’s missing chips and sitting in the lot :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse