Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
No not yet. I’m guessing that maybe once it’s on the train it will show?

Not sure it’s moved Arlington. It was showing at the lot. Who knows when it might actually be put on the train and the train heads to us.
Might be a dumb question, but does it show under new inventory for the dealership, even tho it's being held by you?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do. And it drives the sales people batty. They answer the phones all day about cars that are on their website but are already spoken for.

All depends on what type of traffic the dealership is wanting on their website. Salespeople probably aren’t keen on answering all the calls, but do some of those turn into “new” orders? The dealerships that truely don’t want to have to answer…”sorry it’s sold”, put a picture in place of the vehicle saying that’s it’s sold/spoken for. Have even seen websites showing all their inventory on a separate inventory page, in list format, giving a brief description and the status of the vehicle

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows when it might actually be put on the train and the train heads to us.
True... But the JC lot by the factory seems quite small... Maybe 2500 capacity max? I would think if they move anything back there... it means it will leave fairly quickly - if anything, your truck will almost certainly not be in the December deliveries. I will be very happy if I just get the update you guys did this week.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
True... But the JC lot by the factory seems quite small... Maybe 2500 capacity max? I would think if they move anything back there... it means it will leave fairly quickly - if anything, your truck will almost certainly not be in the December deliveries. I will be very happy if I just get the update you guys did this week.
I also heard Kerr industries across the road puts chips and parts on vehicles for GM.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at least your dealer told you that GM actually admitted what was going on with the vehicles and had a complete list of those that are there and why. That should have been easy access information from the get go so everyone could at least know what was happening instead of dealers, customers, and CS all guessing what the reasons might have been that they were all sitting for months.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that this is not helpful…I am sure we all have the same questions:

-If I am not told mine is on that list: Did the director at my dealership hold it back from my salesman? Is my salesman holding it from me to keep me stringed on? (My saleswoman says she never heard of such a list)

-If I am on that list: How long will the wait be? Were the ones on this forum finally getting movement in the last few weeks on that list without knowing and were lucky to be in the first to go? FOMO if I tap out…maybe my turn will come this week, or next?

Add to that there are very little indications of the timelines for 2023’s…and when/if we start seeing a clearer picture on allocations, how that will play out. Same thing for the usual other options… except for Wagoneers which have some stock on the lots (very little variety for packages and options from what I see… and I worry I’ll be stuck with a 22’ considering the change of engines coming soon - not to mention gas prices/the economy).

I wonder if those of us who got the ‘find alternatives’ message from the executive resolution team in the last few weeks got it because we were on there.

Last edited:

Garth Knight

Reaction score
The problem is that this is not helpful…I am sure we all have the same questions:

-If I am not told mine is on that list: Did the director at my dealership hold it back from my salesman? Is my salesman holding it from me to keep me stringed on? (My saleswoman says she never heard of such a list)

-If I am on that list: How long will the wait be? Were the ones on this forum finally getting movement in the last few weeks on that list without knowing are were lucky to be in the first to go? FOMO if I tap out…maybe my turn will come this week, or next?

Add to that there are very little indications of the timelines for 2023’s…and when/if we start seeing a clearer picture on allocations, how that will play out. Same thing for the usual other options… except for Wagoneers which have some stock on the lots (very little variety for packages and options from what I see… and I worry I’ll be stuck with a 22’ considering the change of engines coming soon - not to mention gas prices/the economy).

I wonder if those of us who got the ‘find alternatives’ message from the executive resolution team in the last few weeks got it because we were on there.

If this list exists then maybe someone can get a hold of it and post it on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094