Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said exactly same: “Spoke with GM. There is a bottleneck in quality control. They were able to give me an ETA. Sorry.”

I assume they meant to say “weren’t able to provide ETA” because that was the entire message.
I think the QC issue is BS. No company would let 200-300M of inventory rot for regular QC - its a nice positivised way of saying "missing parts". If it was just QC, they would have sent guys payed time and a half to get some done a long time ago.

Crash51730

Reaction score
I think the QC issue is BS. No company would let 200-300M of inventory rot for regular QC - its a nice positivised way of saying "missing parts". If it was just QC, they would have sent guys payed time and a half to get some done a long time ago.
Absolutely correct. The fact that you don’t have window stickers is a dead give away as well. SOME PHYSICAL ITEM IS MISSING.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed my exec person today to see if I can arrange my own transport of my Denali. Sick and tired of hearing that mine isn’t waiting on anything other than the rail.
Good move - call their bluff. I suspect it will show that it is in fact waiting for more than transport, unless you have one of the fabled unicorn trucks which will appear at a dealer with no window sticker.

By the way @kate_t , if we get a Netflix original made on our story when this is all over, who will play you? I was thinking Brad Pitt to play me when I first called the dealer in 2021... and Gary Busey will play me getting my truck in 2025.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
Makes me think it's something safety related. I'd be more than happy at this point to take a vehicle missing heated and ventilated seats for a bit.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes me think it's something safety related. I'd be more than happy at this point to take a vehicle missing heated and ventilated seats for a bit.
I'm thinking it's either emissions or safety related. Something beyond a creature comfort item and would pose a serious legal issue if the truck was on the road without the missing part(s).

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly this - if it was strictly a manpower issue, they could pay college kids $800/day to go out there and do QC for a month to catch up on the backlog. Small price to pay to be able to get 100's of millions of $$$ of inventory moved on and SOLD. Right now they are eating all of this inventory and they have no choice because the parts missing are important enough to the function/safety of the vehicle.

acapote86

Reaction score
Exactly this - if it was strictly a manpower issue, they could pay college kids $800/day to go out there and do QC for a month to catch up on the backlog. Small price to pay to be able to get 100's of millions of $$$ of inventory moved on and SOLD. Right now they are eating all of this inventory and they have no choice because the parts missing are important enough to the function/safety of the vehicle.
Big concern is that trucks are sitting in an empty field under the elements for months on end. It’s different sitting stationary vs actual day to day use. Who knows what surprises we will find after 6mo or ownership. *grabs popcorn*

Garth Knight

Reaction score
There's gotta be someone online somewhere that actually works at the Midlothian facility, low level employees or in management etc. Where are you? Tell us what's going on over there, spill the beans lol. If someone is out there that's close enough go take a drive and do some reporting. Someone knows something. I bet it's missing parts, but are all there for missing parts? Hmmmmmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16