mid-frame cut & extended?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPcalaveras

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im starting to research for a mid frame extension of 2-3 inches to fit my 59 belvedere on top of a 2003 tahoe.
You can find a lot with the s10 frames...but the tahoes appear to be a bit different.
Cant find anything where someone has done it with a Tahoe...I'm not a pro with these search functions yet. Any links or photos much appreciated.
Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im starting to research for a mid frame extension of 2-3 inches to fit my 59 belvedere on top of a 2003 tahoe.
You can find a lot with the s10 frames...but the tahoes appear to be a bit different.
Cant find anything where someone has done it with a Tahoe...I'm not a pro with these search functions yet. Any links or photos much appreciated.
Thanks.
This should point you in the right direction:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first i think the project would be cool. with that i cant say i knew regular kits where out there for the s10, but it makes sense as they are a little more common chassis for custom swapping things ( rat rods ect. )

although it dont look like much more than some lightweight c channel and some fish plates. for me personally i would wonder if the longer suburban/avalanche/xl ect chassis would be a better fit, then it can be cut down and not have extensions (leaving one cut and seam instead of two) , not that it should really effect anything, but it makes me feel better. although you would still want the smaller tahoe size tank as you wont have room for the bigger tank of the longer wheelbase once cut down, unless your doing custom tank situation.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing this to an '86 Dodge truck that I'm swapping an extended cab onto. The route I went was to take a cut out frame section from another truck to splice into the middle of my existing frame. Weld it in place and then also plate over the welded together sections.

Not a project for a beginner welder though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971