Memory seats question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam123

Reaction score
hi all, I have a 2016 suburban and I was wondering if it's possible in any way to unpair the memory settings from each key. For example, driver position one pairs with key one so everytime I start the car it automatically positions to setting one. I often just use whichever key is closest so it gets annoying when the seat sometimes changes to setting 2. I would also like to keep the easy exit feature on. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably do a relearn, the first key to and remote to relearn are paired with memory 1, the second with memory 2 and the extra keys and remotes are not paired. Read your owner's manual, my truck is probably different.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're the only driver you could set both memories to the same settings.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the seat memory feature, since my wife (driver 1) is 5'3", and I (driver 2) am six even.

But it is annoying when we both board the Tahoe together, and seat position defaults to driver 1, even though I am behind the wheel. Our solution, when I am driving, is for her (and her purse, containing her fob) to not get in until I have first started the engine.

I have been opening car doors for this lady for over 45 years. But now, Chevy technology has forced us to put an end to that chivalry. Shame on you, GM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLisn