melted fuse in fuse box left front head lamp 2008 xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johns2008

Reaction score
does one replace the fuse box , entirely? i dug out as much as i could then shoved a fuse in .. works but ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does one replace the fuse box , entirely? i dug out as much as i could then shoved a fuse in .. works but ?
under the fuse box there are different "blocks" that can be unclipped and put on a new or used one
used ones run about $80 online
this is what it looks like underneath
normally the fuse should not melt you must have a short somewhere, you can add a extra ground to prevent that from happening again or getting worse. aftermarket HID's are notorious for melting fuse's and should be ran off of a rely directly from the battery instead.
block1.JPG

OP
OP
J

johns2008

Reaction score
Thanks,, I believe i'm running original lights, if i lift the top of the box off have i disabled it or can i look and reset then order the parts? any videos of this anywhere?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,, I believe i'm running original lights, if i lift the top of the box off have i disabled it or can i look and reset then order the parts? any videos of this anywhere?
always disconnect the battery first. I would look on ebay for a matching year/model or just order one from the dealer, the handles on the sides are for lifting it off

OP
OP
J

johns2008

Reaction score
I can't get the top portion to be released from the blocks. i am pivoting the handles correctly, one person said there's a bolt to remove on the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae