Mechanic Recommendations Needed : Wash DC area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking for recommendations for an independent mechanic in the Washington DC area, which includes Northern VA.

I’m tired of being overcharged by the dealer. My vehicle is an Escalade and I assume a good GM mechanic who knows Tahoes etc would be perfect. Thanks in advance!

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with your Escalade? I may be able to tell you what to do depending on what the issue is. I hired a driveway mechanic to change my upper/lower control arms, sway bar bushings, brakes, steering rack and stock absorbers. I purchased the parts locally or online than call the mechanic to come during the week before noon just incase I need to chase down parts or he finds something else that needs to be replaced. I bought my truck to Firestone for alignment after he was done with the suspension parts. What I learned is to fix it all at once to save money meaning that if I need the upper control arm, I would purchase the lower control arm, sway-bar bushing and end-link and whatever else he removed that looks bad. I found it better to replace the rotors and pads at the same time and if I have over 100k than replace the calipers. I use OEM for most of the stuff except the brake pads, calipers, upper and lower control arms I chose to use DuraLast Gold from AutoZone which comes with lifetime warranty. The front struts and rear shocks should be OEM only as well as the end-links and bushings. There are somethings you will need to bring your truck to the dealer like a new transmission which comes with 100k 3 year warranty at any dealer or lifter failure issue. That is why this forum is good to find info on what to do.

Last edited:

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking for recommendations for an independent mechanic in the Washington DC area, which includes Northern VA.

I’m tired of being overcharged by the dealer. My vehicle is an Escalade and I assume a good GM mechanic who knows Tahoes etc would be perfect. Thanks in advance!
In Woodbridge VA, easy access to 95. Caton Hill Auto. Independent, family owned and established over 80 years.

I lost my previous mechanic when I moved. Tried a few different shops and then ended up at Caton Hill.

They are busy and sometimes it may take a bit to get an appointment but they have earned my trust with their open and honest estimates and quality work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts