Mechanic in DC/MD/VA area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukondoit1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I need a second car for the winter, and have been looking at Tahoes. I am considering ones with <150k miles. Do any of you guys do the Pre Purchase Inspection by a mechanic? I'd rather spend the 100-200$ to make sure there are no surprises down the road.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic that would be willing to take a look at the cars with me in the DC/MD/VA area?

1Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bumping this thread. I have an 2008 Suburban that needs some TLC. Any good mechanics in the area capable of all things Suburban?

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, I know. Bump.

Years ago in 2010, I used Auto Solutions in Leesburg, VA for work on my 2001 GMC Yukon and found him to be honest, fair and proficient. My wife knew his wife; good people. True story - We were fixing up my truck to trade in on a 2010 Acura. He did a lot of the 100K mile stuff and took a time to explain my truck to me. The bill was around $2,000 and he said “Tell you what. You’ll get maybe $6000-7000 on a trade after you pay me. So you keep your money and I’ll give you $6000 for this Yukon right now. But you’d be crazy to sell it to me. Pay me. Keep it. This is a great vehicle that will give you many more years of safe reliable driving.”

So I kept it. That was 14 years ago. I’ve already traded that Acura but still have my Yukon. Still driving safely and reliably. He was right. He’s good people and a great mechanic for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3438.jpeg
    IMG_3438.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts