MC replaced and pedal is solid, can't bleed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be getting one of these! :)
It is a PIA to get it to seal. Forget 15PSI. The more pressure you put in the reservoir just widens in the center and releases the pressure. If you can seal it at 7-8PSI it works fine. Of course I disfigured the MC reservoir trying to get to 15. Second time I put it on I put the chains at the back under the reservoir and the chains at the front around the MC. If the rubber on the plate was softer this wouldn't be an issue.

New MC, hours of bleeding, plus ABS bleed and the pedal still sucks. Am I missing something? Feels like I basically got nowhere today and used almost a gallon of fluid. Not a happy camper

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the shoes out a few more clicks? That’s what makes the most difference on mine, but the pedal travel is still more than the subsequent generations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only thing I can think of. The footbrake is a bit low so I could get them up a little. But I've had a decent pedal in the past and this is nowhere near it.

I have deformed the reservoir a bit and wondering if that could be giving more than it should also.

It's not even just the pedal, the brakes are not good enough also.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, the best pedal I ever got was by accident. I was swapping the booster out and had to really move the MC to get it out of the way. Job done, I tried the brakes and the pedal was very nice. Only thing I can think of is that the MC tilted one way or the other and an errant bubble worked its way out.

I couldn’t duplicate it if I tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a PIA to get it to seal. Forget 15PSI. The more pressure you put in the reservoir just widens in the center and releases the pressure. If you can seal it at 7-8PSI it works fine. Of course I disfigured the MC reservoir trying to get to 15. Second time I put it on I put the chains at the back under the reservoir and the chains at the front around the MC. If the rubber on the plate was softer this wouldn't be an issue.

New MC, hours of bleeding, plus ABS bleed and the pedal still sucks. Am I missing something? Feels like I basically got nowhere today and used almost a gallon of fluid. Not a happy camper

:(

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a fair amount of time trying to get it to seal and did manage to get it to 12 PSI. But that's probably what screwed up the reservoir. After giving up on 15 I got it back to 10 without a leak, and then used it around 6-7 PSI. Fluid comes out at a decent rate. There's much less risk of letting it run dry and you only have to open the screw. Great for a flush. If I'm honest I was hoping for a bit more of a 'pressure bleed' though.

Mine was a bit lop sided the first time I put it on even though i was trying to tighten it evenly. Make sure it stays level
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG

Here's the damage to the reservoir
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1022.JPG

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent a fair amount of time trying to get it to seal and did manage to get it to 12 PSI. But that's probably what screwed up the reservoir. After giving up on 15 I got it back to 10 without a leak, and then used it around 6-7 PSI. Fluid comes out at a decent rate. There's much less risk of letting it run dry and you only have to open the screw. Great for a flush. If I'm honest I was hoping for a bit more of a 'pressure bleed' though.

Mine was a bit lop sided the first time I put it on even though i was trying to tighten it evenly. Make sure it stays level
View attachment 253962
View attachment 253961

Here's the damage to the reservoir
View attachment 253963
View attachment 253964

Oh I forgot you had that style reservoir, I got the screw on cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts