MC replaced and pedal is solid, can't bleed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't used it yet as I need to replace the MC again. Stinking hot today. Might have a go later this evening when it cools off.

But it all looks like it will work. I actually held off of buying it because I hadn't measured the MC. The 105 kit will work fine. Has about 3/16 - 1/4 fairly hard rubber panel on it. I think people may have issues because they are over tightening it, but I'll find out soon.

Cheapest price I found was on Amazon at $66 + tax. Shipping states 10 days which also put me off but I got it in 5 days.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But it all looks like it will work.
The lip of the reservoir is not level. It is high in the center and low at the ends. Could be a problem.

Bleeding new MC. I've always been in a rush to do this but it seems patience pays off. I give it a couple strokes, waiting at least 30 secs between each, and then walk away. When I come back 10-20 mins later air comes out with just 1/8" stroke. I thought I was done and walked the dogs for 20 mins and when I came back loads air came out. I think I'm pretty much done now and it's definitely the least effort I've ever had to put into it.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had noticed that tilting it got air out. But haven't seen that. Thanks.

This one is leaking. It won't bleed. Not my fault this time.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again got hassle for a replacement.

I didn't use the bleed kit and just followed the GM instructions. I think it's good to go.

Question: If there's air in the MC does it stay trapped in it or does it get pushed out when bleeding?

I've been under the impression it would stay trapped. but the GM instructions say it reduces time bleeding and is why I asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3