MBRP Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to their website. I don't have a pic, but It looks good. It tucks up nice and close to the body.

http://www.mbrp.com/index.php?page=products&make=Chevy/GMC&model=Yukon/Tahoe/Yukon Denali&year=2009

Click on Info/Purchase, then click on the Instructions. There is a picture on the last page of the instructions. It shows theirs kind of pointing down. Mine doesn't do that, it comes out level/straight. It's probably just how they had the pipe positioned when they tightened things down.

Termin8r27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll post up pics after I mine installed today or tomorrow.

Like Mr. B posted though, nice pic on their website and you can also look a their instructions online.

JDGnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. Never thought of looking at their instructions. It looks good.. One of my suppliers has the AL at a discounted price... not sure if there is just one.. or a limited time..

Its for my wife's Tahoe, she probably could care less, if I changed it or not.. She'll just get in it one day, and it will be done.. haha..
Thanks again.. I'll be interested in the pics..

Bryan

Last edited:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those look great and i have heard good things about them too. i have one question. Since i have a magnaflow exhaust on the truck with no resonator delete, do yall think it would be weird or ok to buy the MBRP and just install it from the magnaflow back, kinda like a resonator delete, or should i just redo the whole thing. I really want a black tip on the truck since its black and i think it would look good!

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

lakaw

Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine.

Looks good!

Can someone verify for me that an aftermarket exhaust does nothing more than change the sound of the vehicle. I was under the impression that the stock exhaust was more than sufficient for engine aspiration.

I'm planning on getting a BB data logged tune and want to make sure that I don't really need and aftermarket exhaust to go along with the CAI.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diameter, and bends for that matter, of your stock Denali exhaust are pretty good. The stock muffler is the restrictive part. You could probably save yourself some money and just replace the muffler.

If you go to the MBRP website, they post the gains as 16 hp and 19 ft-lb torque increase for the Denali. They have video of the dyno run. I'd say that's a pretty good gain for an exhaust.

Last edited:

lakaw

Reaction score
The diameter, and bends for that matter, of your stock Denali exhaust are pretty good. The stock muffler is the restrictive part. You could probably save yourself some money and just replace the muffler.

If you go to the MBRP website, they post the gains as 16 hp and 19 ft-lb torque increase for the Denali. They have video of the dyno run. I'd say that's a pretty good gain for an exhaust.

Well then that changes things. Will have to think hard about adding this to the mod list...

So the three different models are just different grades of SST...

Which did you go with? I thinking I might go for the 304.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 3 grades of pipe. Aluminized, 409SS, and 304SS. When I was living in Wyoming (where they don't salt the roads) I went with the aluminized on my diesel. here in Illinois (where they salt) I went with the 409SS. 304SS might have been a better choice for me, but I got a deal, and didn't want to pay for 304.

Termin8r27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's actually snowing here in Austin and the weather has been pretty crappy lately.

I'll post pics up once I can get it cleaned up.

I'm very pleased with the look and sound and it was pretty easy to install. I got the AL version and painted it a high temp black...came out nice.

For my tastes it sounds great. It's probably the most aggressive sounding catback setup for the Tahoe/Yukon that I've heard. It might be a bit much for some though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10