May have made a mistake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Dealer wants $1800 for 2 airshocks, labor extra, I told them to stuff it LOL. Might do it myself, looks pretty easy.
And that’s why I opt for the king or fox shocks if I’m going to spend that much money I would rather make it a “upgrade” over replacing with stock. I want something that is better than what I already have and will last the life of the vehicle while I own it.
If you can get them cheaper on rock auto go for it but this is coming from someone who can’t leave good alone and changes everything possible on my vehicles.

I’ve never heard any complaints out of anyone running fox shocks but kings are like the name… the king of shocks you could have that Cadillac plush ride and still run 80mph on a rutted out fire road driving with your knee sipping on coffee lmao ask me how I know…

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Dealer wants $1800 for 2 airshocks, labor extra, I told them to stuff it LOL. Might do it myself, looks pretty easy.
But yes replacing the shocks themselves shouldn’t take you no longer then 30 min with a 19mm socket and wrench if I’m not mistaken two bolts and the air line which you might need pliers to get the clamp off or whatever holds the air hose onto the compressor

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear shocks are easy to replace. When removing and re-installing the bolt at the top of the shock, be careful not to disturb the electrical connector running along the frame close by. That connector disconnects fairly easy (probably the only easy one that GMC has ever made), and if you disconnect it by accident, it is easy to re-connect.

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
$774 for 2 OEM from Rock Auto with discount before shipping. I'm waiting to hear what my regular mechanic is going to quote me before I do it my self, I don't have the best driveway, narrow short and has a slight grade.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
$774 for 2 OEM from Rock Auto with discount before shipping. I'm waiting to hear what my regular mechanic is going to quote me before I do it my self, I don't have the best driveway, narrow short and has a slight grade.
You can knock em out literally in no time don’t let your mechanic try to charge you over 100$ because it’ll be a ripoff

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
My mechanic says around $2300 all in, I just ordered a pair, looks like I'm doing it myself. Guess I'll have to fix my floor jack LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10