Market Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Reaction score
Saw a Chevy dealer here in NJ wIth a $2,000+ “Market Adjustment” for a High Country. Mind you a GMC dealer just down the road was happy to work price on Denali both non-demo and maxed on options. I get sticker and maybe a “Market Adjustment” on a true unicorn vehicle but a High Country, all dealerships have their rights but I won’t be shopping there.

Wondering if anyone is seeing this same stuff in their markets?

953C3748-F218-4027-BF97-1FD81C7547E1.jpeg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s all you can do. It’s a free market. They can ask whatever they want and you decide if you want to pay it. It’s a brand new vehicle so it isn’t like you can’t find or order another exactly like it elsewhere. Plenty of people have paid over sticker for these trucks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't look unusual, I was informed that my 2018 went up in value +2000, and dealers have been paying more on trade-in's just to have something on the lot. Like it was stated above America is a free market you can shop elsewhere. lookup Laura GMC see what there prices are

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s all you can do. It’s a free market. They can ask whatever they want and you decide if you want to pay it. It’s a brand new vehicle so it isn’t like you can’t find or order another exactly like it elsewhere. Plenty of people have paid over sticker for these trucks.
^^^^
This--
I remember the 1st time I saw that. It was around 87-88, a local Buick dealer in my town had just gotten in an 87 GNX. Had velvet ropes all around it. Sticker was around 25k, but he had a "Market Adjustment" of 25k! So he wanted 50k for a Buick--which was unheard of back then. You have the right idea--give your money to another dealer. In my eyes it's just plain greed.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesn't look unusual, I was informed that my 2018 went up in value +2000, and dealers have been paying more on trade-in's just to have something on the lot. Like it was stated above America is a free market you can shop elsewhere. lookup Laura GMC see what there prices are

Has anyone ever came across a Chevrolet equivalent?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever came across a Chevrolet equivalent?
The first 2021 Tahoe that my dealer received had a $5,000 market adjustment, and it wasn't even a High Country. As I recall it was a Premier.

Last edited:

100cars

Reaction score
OMG a "market adjustment" on a mass market car like this? What are they smoking? LMAO!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I just ignore those when I’m negotiating a purchase. I really have zero interest in their prices; I do my due diligence on market prices and make an offer. They can accept it, or the next dealer will.