Magnetic Ride strut help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali XL 4 wheel drive. It currently has a 6-inch Fabtech lift. I took it into the dealer for a transmission problem. Lo and behold the dealer tells me that my two front Magnetic struts are "frozen stiff". They need to be replaced. And now I am confused because no dashboard light or codes came up .The ride became bouncy once I went up 6in lift I thought that would be expected from a lifted vehicle. The dealer wanted over $2,000 to replace the two front struts including alignment. Once I told him I would like the old struts back a day went forward and they said all we can't do the work because you had the truck lifted even though I was going to pay for it , now they are telling me to take it back to where you had it lifted from. So what I'm asking is does anybody have any knowledge of a strut becoming Frozen. I don't live in cold weather I live in Southern California. I reach out to Fabtech they let me know that perhaps maybe the strut is solid because they did not disconnect the battery originally when they installed my lift kit and doing so does trigger the struts to seize. But does anybody have any experience with codes coming up for this type of matter or how to test a magnetic strut other than a dealership just telling me to replace the whole darn thing. But like I said the tone change once I ask for the parts back the old parts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep