Magneride replacement recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just noticed in the original port, the ARNOTT uses an EIBACH coil...look at the bottom of the strut body.

hat explains the difference in wraps on the coil.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to a passive shock system? I’ve been looking at a few conversions but was hoping to get some feedback from people who have converted.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks on here do. I run Bilsteins all around and love the ride. I don't tow often - an occasional Uhaul trailer or motorcycle trailer, but I do ride with 4-5 passengers often and a lot of 'stuff', and it sits pretty and rides to my liking. And my favorite part is that I don't have to worry about the Magnaride units turning to bricks overnight at some point.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Lots of folks on here do. I run Bilsteins all around and love the ride. I don't tow often - an occasional Uhaul trailer or motorcycle trailer, but I do ride with 4-5 passengers often and a lot of 'stuff', and it sits pretty and rides to my liking. And my favorite part is that I don't have to worry about the Magnaride units turning to bricks overnight at some point.
Thanks for the response! I'm looking at the bilsteins or Arnotts right now.

UberGoober

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
L
I recently had to replace my front struts (2016 Yukon Denali) at 68k miles due to leaking. Did some research and really wasn’t thrilled about paying close to $600 per shock absorber for the OEM AC Delcos—especially seeing how some were even failing at less than 40k miles. I decided to go with a full coilover replacement from Arnott (model SK-3354) which are an exact replacement—yes they are magnetic shocks. I paid about $450 each after tax from ShockWarehouse.com using a coupon code they had. I originally had a leveling kit, however it is not needed with these coilovers due to their beefier size. See pics below.

2nd pic is with leveling kit, before I realized it would not be needed with these new coilovers. 3rd pic is after removing leveling kit. I considered lifting the rear, but my tires are a bit too small for that much of a lift. I had a good 2 inches more in the front than the rear. Tires are 305/45/22.View attachment 270401View attachment 270402 View attachment 270403
Looks great. What’s the warranty on the new Arnott shocks? I thought about using Doorman 949-700 instead because of the lifetime warranty on them but if the Arnott ones also have lifetime I’ll go with those.

arep15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had to replace my front struts (2016 Yukon Denali) at 68k miles due to leaking. Did some research and really wasn’t thrilled about paying close to $600 per shock absorber for the OEM AC Delcos—especially seeing how some were even failing at less than 40k miles. I decided to go with a full coilover replacement from Arnott (model SK-3354) which are an exact replacement—yes they are magnetic shocks. I paid about $450 each after tax from ShockWarehouse.com using a coupon code they had. I originally had a leveling kit, however it is not needed with these coilovers due to their beefier size. See pics below.

2nd pic is with leveling kit, before I realized it would not be needed with these new coilovers. 3rd pic is after removing leveling kit. I considered lifting the rear, but my tires are a bit too small for that much of a lift. I had a good 2 inches more in the front than the rear. Tires are 305/45/22.View attachment 270401View attachment 270402 View attachment 270403
@tjohn0617 What was your level in Pic 2? 2 inches in the front? Considering this but need to know if I will need to take off my front leveling kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64