Magneride replacement recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjohn0617

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had to replace my front struts (2016 Yukon Denali) at 68k miles due to leaking. Did some research and really wasn’t thrilled about paying close to $600 per shock absorber for the OEM AC Delcos—especially seeing how some were even failing at less than 40k miles. I decided to go with a full coilover replacement from Arnott (model SK-3354) which are an exact replacement—yes they are magnetic shocks. I paid about $450 each after tax from ShockWarehouse.com using a coupon code they had. I originally had a leveling kit, however it is not needed with these coilovers due to their beefier size. See pics below.

2nd pic is with leveling kit, before I realized it would not be needed with these new coilovers. 3rd pic is after removing leveling kit. I considered lifting the rear, but my tires are a bit too small for that much of a lift. I had a good 2 inches more in the front than the rear. Tires are 305/45/22.975E24EA-C3AD-4606-8AE5-1C254E68443E.jpegB5A0F380-39B6-458E-9849-623CCB8DBFAF.jpeg 80F58B3C-7E7F-4116-ABFA-98E408C7E3F4.jpeg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting to see the difference in coil diameter, definitely looks like it would have a slightly higher spring rate, obvious by your installed pics.

is the number on the spring itself the same as the part number or is it different, wonder if arnott sells the coil separately

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, yea they definitely lifted the front quite a bit. You would think that Arnott would mention that. If they were truly a “direct replacement”, they should be damn close to factory height IMO...but an added bonus if you want the rig leveled!

The yukon looks great! How you guys liking those xl-rated ridge graps?!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are actually 33x12.50r22 but I love them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gotchya, so the load range e then. Im sure the added weight and more aggressive tread pattern was fairly noticeable when it comes to ride quality (although that should be expected in my opinion). But nothing horrendous anyway, eh?

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotchya, so the load range e then. Im sure the added weight and more aggressive tread pattern was fairly noticeable when it comes to ride quality (although that should be expected in my opinion). But nothing horrendous anyway, eh?
I really wanted the XL size for the weight reduction, but I am shocked at how good it still rides and the weight was not a huge deal. Other than about 1mpg loss, I can't tell hardly any difference in ride/power with these tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jerry Rabenaldt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good for you. Those units weren't available when I replaced mine in early January. Mine were so bad I felt I was driving a covered wagon. I had to reuse the original springs and it was a PIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu