Magnaride suspension help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeblow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LTZ with the magnaride suspension. I was having a rough ride on the interstate and the shop said I needed my tires balanced but also my front shocks need to be replaced soon. They quoted me $3k to do the job. They said the rears can probably wait. While working on something else I noticed both front shocks are wet with fluid but it’s not dripping to the ground yet..

Is there an aftermarket company that makes quality replacements cheaper than GM? Do these shocks really need to be replaced often? I’ve heard some ppl say every 50k miles they start leaking. I know you can replace with standard shocks and get a service light but the ride might be more bouncy..

cs15dah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are threads online which talk about replacing Magnaride shocks with normal shocks. Also sites which sell GM parts cheaper than dealerships if you wanted to replace and keep the Magnarides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01