LT Auto ride lift plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go:

Lift: 2" spacer in rear w/ Ford keys up front $75-100.00. Possibly add Z71 coils for 600lbs increase in load capacity and 1" in lift $200.00or salvage even cheaper.
Shocks: Replace AR shocks with FOX 2.0 Factory Performance Series. This will keep costs down for replacements in the future and allow for better ride quality and performance $300.
Leveling & Towing: Air lift bags for the coils. This will add 1000lbs of leveling capacity to the springs. I think I can use the compressor for the AR shocks and mod a fitting to hook up to the bags. Then raise the leveling sensor equal to the amount of lift $90.00.

The way I figure it, this should give me an improved Autoride system with the lift I want, increased ride quality, better performance and a bigger load capacity on a budget. Total around $500-700.00 Please pick this apart and give me the pros or cons that you see with this plan.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like you got everything picked out but........ im pretty sure that you can use bags with coil spacers. The bags need a flat surface to rest on. You could always get H2 coils which i think adds 2"s to the rear.

OP
OP
PUGLIA

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I called summit to find out for sure if they can be used with spacers since you brought it up and I didn't think about that. THANKS by the way! They said that AIR lift actually sells spacers for their lift systems in 2,4,6" spacers. But they are plastic and I would be better off just bying the aluminum ones.

Will the H2 coils fit? Where could I find out pricing? Also my only worry about going any higher than 3" is the drive shaft angles I have a 4WD.

Last edited:

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Air lift does sell those spacers but they are for leafs not coils. As far as 3"s in the rear youll be fine. A guy on my other forum is running 3" spacers and 35s just fine.

OP
OP
PUGLIA

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I called air lift and their bags can work with spacers but their bags will only hold a certain level not lift if the truck sags under a load. Also their bags are only rated for 35 PSI so if I use the stock pump on the Tahoe and the Auto leveling it will most likely blow the bags out. So I am calling other Air suspension companies for a solution and will keep everyone posted.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the z71s. did they come with nivomat shocks? if so, their spring wont really work right as lift spring with a regular shock like a bilstein right?

OP
OP
PUGLIA

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what you mean by lift spring? The Z71's coil's have about a 600lb increase in load capacity, which means it is a little longer coil that will give a lift of about 1" to the LT. The only effect on any kind of shock is the 1" it is taking away from the dampening of the shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk