Lowering with 20 inch wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was searching the forum and checked the sticky but really could not find what I was looking for. I have a 2004 Tahoe LS (2wd) and was initially wanting to put a 2/3 kit on it using spindles. I emailed Tony about some options and he gave me some opinions including lower control arms instead which I am all for.

I am looking for pics of rides with 20 inch wheels that have a 2/3 - 3/5 drop.

I may be leaning more towards the 3/4-5 range now because I really love the stance of SS Hoe and M Hankel; however, I never would have thought about going lower than 2 inches before. Would just like to see some similar drops with 20s, because I know size and style of wheel can drastically change the appearance and how low it seems.

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 85

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2/3 ss 20sunahyveq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've decided to go with the 2/3, but I am going to use the 3 inch lower a arms and crank up the torsion bars just a little to give me between a 2 and 3 inch drop in the front. Then I'm using the 4 inch Belltech springs with the block for a 3 inch drop. That should give me the drop I'm looking for with room to go lower if I wanted.

It's going to be nice to have a Tahoe that sits right finally. I've only had it about 18 months but the stance was pretty jacked up when I got it. The previous owner had 24s on it, but decranked the torsion bars all the way down in the front and used 3 spring compressor clamps in the left rear and 2 spring compressors in the right rear. He put the factory 16s back on it to sell. It looked terrible and drove worse. I'd like to put new shocks all the way around and upgrade the sway bars. I may change the upper a arms too so after installing a new idler arm and pitman arm I should have a virtually completely rebuilt front suspension. Going to install 2007+ rotors and calipers on the front while I have it apart and check the wheel bearings too. This thing definitely needs more work than I initially thought but when I'm finished with the upgrades it should ride and drive as good or better than a new one for a lot LESS $$$$ and it should be rock solid for the next decade.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet plan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65