Lowering with 20 inch wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlie4170

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The previous owner had 24s on it, but decranked the torsion bars all the way down in the front and used 3 spring compressor clamps in the left rear and 2 spring compressors in the right rear.

Sketchy stuff riding with spring compressors IMO. The truck deserves a better ride than that and its good your doing it.

I am putting Tony's 3/6 kit on now. I cant comment on the ride yet, but I definitely recommend Tony. The man knows his stuff.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've decided to go with the 2/3, but I am going to use the 3 inch lower a arms and crank up the torsion bars just a little to give me between a 2 and 3 inch drop in the front. Then I'm using the 4 inch Belltech springs with the block for a 3 inch drop. That should give me the drop I'm looking for with room to go lower if I wanted.

It's going to be nice to have a Tahoe that sits right finally. I've only had it about 18 months but the stance was pretty jacked up when I got it. The previous owner had 24s on it, but decranked the torsion bars all the way down in the front and used 3 spring compressor clamps in the left rear and 2 spring compressors in the right rear. He put the factory 16s back on it to sell. It looked terrible and drove worse. I'd like to put new shocks all the way around and upgrade the sway bars. I may change the upper a arms too so after installing a new idler arm and pitman arm I should have a virtually completely rebuilt front suspension. Going to install 2007+ rotors and calipers on the front while I have it apart and check the wheel bearings too. This thing definitely needs more work than I initially thought but when I'm finished with the upgrades it should ride and drive as good or better than a new one for a lot LESS $$$$ and it should be rock solid for the next decade.

heres what i would do
front djm 3 inch arms with the belltech sp shocks
rear tb spring with the beltech 1 inch spacer
rear belltech sp shocks
rear djm endlinks with my bumpstops
690 shipped and ride is very nice.

also you can adjust the rear to 5 if you wanted and still rides nice.

Anything else just ask im always around to help.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why arms instead of spindles? I've been researching drops for almost a month now and I thought spindles were the best for front end???

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had 2/3 with LTZ 20's.
2010-10-01 05.18.29.jpg
Process of 4/6 (approx) / (only compete once Tony has next batch of 6" springs done) with same LTZs.
2014-03-23 11.43.09.jpg
2014-03-23 11.42.56.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wow how much if your front cambering? keys and spindles im guessing right?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah im doing another guys truck on thursday. Hates that ride spindles and keys. I did his brothers 04 with a arms and belltech sp shocks night and day difference vs keys and spindles.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres what i would do
front djm 3 inch arms with the belltech sp shocks
rear tb spring with the beltech 1 inch spacer
rear belltech sp shocks
rear djm endlinks with my bumpstops
690 shipped and ride is very nice.

also you can adjust the rear to 5 if you wanted and still rides nice.

Anything else just ask im always around to help.

Is your offer still good on this setup?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n