Lowering the HOE rear end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So its 2/3 thats wining so far. Ive been searching to see others with 2/3 drops, but I cant picture my truck just yet. My goal is to make it looks sporty as hell.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i say go with a 3/5 drop i started off with a 2/3 drop and finished with a 3/5 drop. trust me after you do the 2/3 drop you're gonna want to go lower anyways i did a little quick photoshop picture of your truck and here is what it will look with a

here is stock so you have a reference

Stock
525b15d5.gif

2/3 drop (estimated)

3/4 drop

3/5 drop (roughly) i like this better

this was just a quick photoshop anyways i hope this helps you enjoy !

Last edited:

Husker1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
belltech 2/3 all the way! i just did it on mine check out my gallery for more pics. did shock extenders and new front spindels, couldnt be happier with the results! btw the 2/3 will be lower in the rear then the pic, i can get barely 4 fingers between the rear tire and wheel well and 3 somtimes 4 depending on the airride in the front

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i say go with a 3/5 drop i started off with a 2/3 drop and finished with a 3/5 drop. trust me after you do the 2/3 drop you're gonna want to go lower anyways i did a little quick photoshop picture of your truck and here is what it will look with a

here is stock so you have a reference

Stock
525b15d5.gif

2/3 drop (estimated)

3/4 drop

3/5 drop (roughly) i like this better

this was just a quick photoshop anyways i hope this helps you enjoy !

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. Husker11111, IMO that 2/3 is one of the best Ive seen.

I really want it to looks sporty as hell, so I may go with the 3/5.5 kit with new shocks and all I think its a DJM kit.

6tahoe I really appreciate the photoshops, damn it makes my truck look good. I notice your 3/5 still has rake.. so this make me want to do the 3/5.5 so I have 0 rake!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the 3/5.5 drop from djm with the rear trailblazer 4 inch drop springs ride really nice.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 3/5.5 drop from djm with the rear trailblazer 4 inch drop springs ride really nice.
Can you expand on this?? What makes the rear drop 5.5" if the spring being used is 4"? Im new to all this drop stuff, and somethings are still confusing. But the look I want to acheive is sporty.

Am I better off peiceing together the correct parts? or stick with a kit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157