Lowering the HOE rear end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2wd Tahoe it had that dreaded RAKE. The front was sloped down and the rear was high in the air. The front height I was okay with, If i could have droped the rear. But I cranked the Tbars just to level it up to the rear height.

I guess my question is can I decrank my tbars to the stock 2wd stance, and just drop my rear end some to match the front? Is it a spacer in the rear I can remove or anything? I think this will be my next mod since I got new found power, I want better handling and closer to the ground. I really dont want to switch keys and spindles and all that just yet, I would prefer just to decrank the front and get the back ass down to match.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm has 2 inch rear drop springs very easy install

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, I need them, if that will accomplish my goal. I really appreciate the response, I was searching for hours on end. Everyone seems to be going extremely low. I just want drop my back end like stated. Thanks, this will help me pickup more mpg, and better handling.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No prob anything else just hollar

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spend a little more and buy some shock extenders to go with it, because i had the DJM 2in drop springs to level it out and it barely got 1in even after settling for 7months of driving eveyday......the extenders will give you the leveled looks you want..

SFDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to the same for my 04 Denali. I am riding on 22" and the back gap is horrible to look at. i am happy with the front gap. I was wondering where to look in the CA Bay Area for a shop that does a proper job. (adjust the air ride) I scared to go to those shady tire shops that say the lower cars too.

Thanks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
paul in in san francisco been lowering these things since 99. your truck prob has the autoride so i would just get the rear belltech kit and yoru set> I sent yah a price on rear kit with shock extenders.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not have autoride. Also I was thinking I want to drop the rear 3" and decrank my stock tbars to the max level. Basically back the bolts almost all the way out, and add the 3" rear spring?????

WILL THAT be leveled? equivalent to a 2/3 drop?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
your ride will go to crap on the stock keys. ill send you a pm because the djm 2/3 kit with shock extenders is not that expensive.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pm replied to. I need to know what will look BEST for my truck. So please I need some input fellas.

2/3 or 2/4 drop? My truck looks like this. You can really see how high it is bellow from the footramp. In this pic also you can see that my rear is still half inch higher than the front. I hate rake and would like it perfectly leveled. Wheels are 20s.
525b15d5.gif

I would appreciate suggestions.