Lowering my Avy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
07 Avalanche LTZ.
Thinking either of these options but need to know a few things from the pros first.

First things first i use my Avy as a truck for pulling a Car hauler/Boat/ Quad trailer and my 26ft holiday trailer. Always have stuff in the box.
I replaced my rear shocks and compressor 2 yrs ago when i purchased the truck and love the auto level after dropping trailer on hitch or load in box.
With that being said i would ideally like to do a 2/3 drop and roll 22'' rims so i can still use my truck for what i use it for now without issues.
Yes i know all of you will say 24" or 26" and a 3/4 drop scraping all the way home. Would love to but here in Alberta Canada roads reject 24'' or more and i don't want to be zig zagging all over the road avoiding potholes.
Id assume full DJM kit with lower control arms and rear springs.

Or Belltech with Spindles and springs.

I am unsure if there is a way to do this and still utilize my factory rear air shocks by using a lower mount relocate.
If not then probably get rear air bag helper installed once i remove factory stuff. Then bypass the factory crap so my dash is not a flashing xmas tree.
Would i ? Should i replace factory shocks and struts in either case or what?

I am Hoping maybe all you pros will chime in and shed some light and wisdom.

Thanks in advance for any help and info.
http://djmsuspension.com/product/djm2007-23/

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 points to you for fastest reply ever. Now we wait for master to respond.

:thumbsup:

I'd the the Belltech 2/3-4 kit with the spindles. You can keep your air ride, but I'd remove it if it were mine and even add helper bags for towing. You'd want the shock relocators as well.

OP
OP
Monkeyemano

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
Why Belltech over other. Why remove rear air shocks? Very problematic I've experienced. Will my tires rub with the 2/3 drop. I got some oem 22" tahoe rims to go on it. How would I mod the front inner liner? 20160108_104343.jpg

OP
OP
Monkeyemano

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
Cmon. All these awesome lowered trucks. Nobody has any facts? Tony ? NorcalSS?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts