lowered today now got problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think the 01 has a strut/spring assembly but I may be wrong. Search the Internet and you should be able to find a video that demonstrates this for you year. It is more intimidating than hard. Just be careful.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the front suspension is unloaded there is next to no pressure on the assembly, it's an easy remove.

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. So I went to autozone and had them scan my Yukon. The code showed right rear wheel sensor. So this morning I pulled the right rear wheel off and checked the sensor wire. No damage. But I'll be darned it came unplugged up on frame connection. Plugged it back in and problem solved. Now I love this truck even more. Thanks for everyone's help.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing you might look at is there are connections on top of the frame rail near both rear shocks. I know when I did my 2" drop I got these same messages you're speaking of and it's because I accidentally knocked one of those connections loose. All I did was plug it back in and it cleared the issue up.

Ok. So I went to autozone and had them scan my Yukon. The code showed right rear wheel sensor. So this morning I pulled the right rear wheel off and checked the sensor wire. No damage. But I'll be darned it came unplugged up on frame connection. Plugged it back in and problem solved. Now I love this truck even more. Thanks for everyone's help.

Well, lookie there I was right :lol: Glad that the fix was easy and cost you no money!! I'm actually glad that I'd had this issue before when doing my 2" drop because when doing my 2/4 drop this weekend I double checked those connections on both sides after putting my shocks on and I'd accidentally unplugged BOTH sides :facepalm: I'm not sure why those are so easy to unplug but it almost takes no effort for those to come lose :(

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, lookie there I was right :lol: Glad that the fix was easy and cost you no money!! I'm actually glad that I'd had this issue before when doing my 2" drop because when doing my 2/4 drop this weekend I double checked those connections on both sides after putting my shocks on and I'd accidentally unplugged BOTH sides :facepalm: I'm not sure why those are so easy to unplug but it almost takes no effort for those to come lose :(

When I removed my air ride I didn't have a problem with this, you must have sausage fingers :imo:

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07burb.... you were correct and I thank you once again. But I am left wandering wtf is sausage fingers? Lmao

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07burb.... you were correct and I thank you once again. But I am left wandering wtf is sausage fingers? Lmao

fat fingers that have a hard time working in small places!! :lol: Those upper bolts on the shocks were hard from me to get to because of their location. The passenger side was MUCH worse because of all of the AC lines back there :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879