lowered today now got problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowered 07 Yukon 4x4 no air ride woh belltech 2-3/4. Now abs light. Service stabiltrak and service traction control are displaying. HELP! Where do I start? -Mike

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I have access to a snap-on moddis so I cleared the codes, drove for about 2 minutes, and no problems since.

I'm guessing anything can clear the codes though...

And post some pics already!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing you might look at is there are connections on top of the frame rail near both rear shocks. I know when I did my 2" drop I got these same messages you're speaking of and it's because I accidentally knocked one of those connections loose. All I did was plug it back in and it cleared the issue up.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ok make sure you reconnected the Front Wheel speed sensors since you had to remove them to install the new spindles? assuming you did spindles. Also like Jacob said, make sure the rear connections are ok. Hopefully you unclipped them when you did the rear and not stretched or yanked on the sensors. After you do that, reset the pcm by unplugging the battery for a few minutes.

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the front I did lowering struts since both were leaking and needed replaced anyways. On the rear I did not unhook the wires but I did take them out of the holders on the frame. I was very careful and went slow as to not put any pull on the wires. I will check all of the above mentioned items. I will let you all know what I find. Oh and by the way this truck rides awesome! Very smooth. I will get it aligned in the next couple of days too. Thanks!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard was it replacing the struts? I'm getting ready to do this on Saturday. Was it pretty easy?

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The struts were pretty easy. I just took the wheel off and took out top 3 and bottom 2 bolts that hold the strut. Use a pry bar to pop the bottom toward the engine. Catch it so it don't drop and then pull it out through the upper a arm. Use a good coil spring compressed and you should have no problems. I did front struts and rear coils with new shocks and it took me about 5 hours. And by no means was I hurrying. My dad helped a little but mainly he just watched. Just be careful with those springs! Good luck.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you used a tool to compress the front springs to get the front struts out?

OP
OP
Y

yesyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Use the spring compresser after the spring/strut assembly is out of the truck. The strut shaft has a nut that holds the top plate on. Compress the spring BEFORE taking that nut loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n