Lowered 4WD performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheat2Win

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings Gentlemen. My name is Brendan. Been lurking here in the shadows for 7 years, first time posting. I currently drive an ‘07 Tahoe (2wd) hammered down with Tony’s 4/6 kit. I’ve put 90k miles on since lowering and remain impressed by the ride quality and durability of the components. Especially since I live in Michigan and have winter & Syrian road conditions to battle.

But it’s time for a new ride and I’ve been considering lowering a 2015+ Yukon xl, suburban, or Escalade ESV. With conservative driving and a good set of Blizzaks, my 2wd has performed surprisingly well in the winter. But I wouldn’t trust my wife driving my daughter around in a snow storm with it. So I’m looking for some feedback from those of you that lowered 4wd’s and drive in snowy climates. Is it worth it? Did you maintain any traction performance in all weather driving conditions?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be fine. your biggest loss is your ground clearance for deep snow. since that wasn't an issue on your 2wd i wouldn't be concerned with a 4wd.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowered awd 02 Escalade on summer 22s... driven year round.

Im a Police Officer in Eastern PA and cant call off work for bad weather, includding blizzards.

Have had no issues, even on the 305-22s on my 25 mile commute (one way) to work.

I kmow its not as new as what ur talkin about and its awd and not 4wd, but hope this helps.

f289f35535a163067774e6f957ef0620.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Im lowered and have 4wd. I never had a problem getting around in snow. I run blizzack on 17 and get around in 2wd just fine. 4wd is just an extra piece of mind. Last blizzard we got over 12 inches and I was fooling around and never got stuck. The only problem was being lowered, my fog lights got packed with snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17