Lowered 21+ T1xx: Post Em Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveLaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would it be stupid to lower the z71? I am thinking of adding the black wheels but don't know if I want to go with all terrain tires and keep the off road spirit, or treat it like a concrete jungle cruiser.
I LOVE that idea. I can’t wait for fall to come so I can throw some beefy AT’s on my lowered Tahoe. Such a cool look imo

svt1998gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here, I am caught in the middle of lowering or leveling it with 22s don't know what I want to do yet.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, looking for ideas on how to slightly lower my Tahoe LT (4wd w/ LM2) by maybe an inch or so, while keeping a comfortable ride.

So far I've been thinking about:

* Getting the PPV springs/shocks (lowers only about 20mm)
* Installing the Belltech adjustable shocks and using stock springs (lowering only an inch front and rear)
* Installing the Belltech adjustable shocks and using PPV springs
* Getting the Belltech coilovers and lowering an inch (worried these will contribute to a stiff ride)
* Getting the Bilstein + ground clearance shocks w/ PPV springs (installing Bilsteins at factory ride height)

Any feedback on the above options?

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally all done. Honestly it's rides like stock. Very happy with the kit, it's a quality product. Have 24in wheel with 285 40 24. No rubbing
So what kit did you use? Did it work with Magnetic Ride Control? Those don't look quite like factory rims. What is the offset on the rims? Thanks for the pictures, it looks GREAT!!!

starbai

Reaction score
Great cars you had, oof e91 6spd that’s not common I wish I had one of those. E36/E46 tough choice between the two! I wanted an e36 or e46 to accompany the e39 for the longest time but I’m leaning towards an early 00’s 911 now, switch it up a bit. Prices are going up get your hands on whatever comes your way soon!

Thanks! No they didn’t unfortunately. I’m still trying to work that out actually, can’t seem to find the front and rear specs for factory studs so I can order and install longer ones. Offset on the wheels are +27
Sorry if I missed it. I read through the entire thread. @DaveLaz did you ever work out what to do with your spacers? In this pic are you running the 1/2 spacer on the stock studs? If so any trouble doing so? Enough bite for the lug nuts? If not, I'm assuming you're trying to work out what to do to extend the studs so that you can run your spacers. Any update? Were you able to do so?

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what kit did you use? Did it work with Magnetic Ride Control? Those don't look quite like factory rims. What is the offset on the rims? Thanks for the pictures, it looks GREAT!!!

DaveLaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it. I read through the entire thread. @DaveLaz did you ever work out what to do with your spacers? In this pic are you running the 1/2 spacer on the stock studs? If so any trouble doing so? Enough bite for the lug nuts? If not, I'm assuming you're trying to work out what to do to extend the studs so that you can run your spacers. Any update? Were you able to do so?
I was using lugs with a sleeve that screwed past the conical seat about .3”. That made up for most of the spacer taking up thread room. I got a lot more turns when tightening and felt very safe and no issues for about 5k miles until I removed them. I’ve been on OEM RST wheels with my standard lugs until I get new tires on the 24’s. Once I get new tires I’ll probably be switching to bolt on spacers to bring the wheels out even more since I have fender flares

dernals

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would it be stupid to lower the z71? I am thinking of adding the black wheels but don't know if I want to go with all terrain tires and keep the off road spirit, or treat it like a concrete jungle cruiser.
I had a 2017 z71 1500 and I hated the wheels/tires it came with but I lucked out and I was given a pair of OEM wheels with street tires. I put those on and I removed the rear block instead of doing the level up front. It looked so good and I got tons of compliments but a few people wanted to talk shit because of the z71 badge. At the end of the day I loved the way it looked and it suited my needs perfectly. I wasn't really taking that thing off road anyway as I had other vehicles better suited for that.

Attachments

• IMG_6026.JPG
    IMG_6026.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6672.JPG
    IMG_6672.JPG
    521.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

jordan11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ordered the belltech shocks. Was able to get the front done this week. I have a 4wd RST 3.0 Diesel. The instructions said 2 spacers, which did just about nothing for lowering. Went to one small spacer for the front. Also installed 24" reps.
Picture with tools is with instructions for 2 spacers.
IMG_0914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17