Loose steering feel, lower steering shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGrieme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats a great find. I have been looking for that for some time. The spring spacer didn't work for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you try them will please let me know how to install them and if they fix the problem.

smittomatic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, just a looseness in the wheel. Mine feels really nice now. We just got back from a 2500+ mile road trip too and the "fix" held up.

chartersj

Reaction score
Right on well I'm glad it has fixed the problem you had. I'm still chasing a bump steer problem. I have had the suv to 3 different shops including an alignment and they all tell me everything is tight and in spec. But yet the steering wheel still shakes over bumps...

MGrieme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced the bushing shown in this write up (http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/hyundai-mdps-coupling-replacement/). I used the bushing out of this kit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arm-Bushing...ash=item3d3da3deb0:g:olQAAOSwB-1Y3pmh&vxp=mtr). The old one was sloppy and slide right off. The new one I had to lube up to get on, I couldn't believe how big of a difference it was. $50 is pretty steep considering I probably won't replace the other 2 as the rubber is not cracked so I do not believe there is anything wrong with them. I tried the spring booster first and it made a difference but replacing that bushing was a much better repair for my hoe.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT