Looking to get a SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can probably have them knock it down to 12K. Do you live in the Chicago area? Are you planning to pick it up or shipping it? If you ship you need to take that into account. From IL to FL it was $500. And what Joel said is true. I got lucky I got the truck I wanted but it did have some rust and two small dings I didn't see in the pics. But considereing the mileage, year, department it came from and how it was used I can't complain. It's a jem and practically new. I pulled the trigger because I was able to get the service records from the day it was bought till the day it was sold so I know the complete history of the truck.

But like Adam said you can go straight to the source.

http://www.govdeals.com

I should mention I did buy one that was not on their site yet and was a cut above the rest for sure. Also being ex border patrol it had quite a bit less hours than I was expecting. I drove mine 1000 miles home and couldn’t be happier with what I got for the price I got.

I paid $12k with 93k miles (and 5,000 hours) and it’s a 2010. They also put on a dash cover and swapped a few small trim pieces. It also has a 15+ jump seat console (like the one you posted).

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RedRocketZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live 5 hours from Chicago so I’d go check it out in person.

Where’d yours have rust and where’d it come from? This one appears to come from down south so I wouldn’t think it’d have rust.

Thanks for all the information everyone!

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy the DIC buttons and bring them with. The plug is literally behind the dash piece and clipped on to the backside. You could peel back that corner and plug it in to see hours. I did read there’s another way to see hours but can’t think of it off hand.

My Texas ex border patrol ssv has zero rust. It does have a ridiculous amount of red sand/dirt under it though lol

OP
OP
R

RedRocketZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This one looks a little red underneath too. I can deal with that though, I can’t deal with another rusty vehicle. My Suburban was starting to rust but it was a northern vehicle all it’s life.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to find someone with both a lift and a pressure washer to clean it off. Self car washes and under body washes are not enough.

Check the lumbar on both seats. That’ll make your 5 hour drive ****** and it’s like a $65 part and a bit of a pain to change.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck from Asia motors, 2013 ppv and it has about 85k on it. It came from a police department in Wisconsin, so it has tons of rust. I live in Vegas so I'm okay with it. Besides regular maintenance, it drives like a champ. Gotta get new wheels though. Steelies are bent.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live 5 hours from Chicago so I’d go check it out in person.

Where’d yours have rust and where’d it come from? This one appears to come from down south so I wouldn’t think it’d have rust.

Thanks for all the information everyone!

University of Michigan campus police with 68k miles. Rust is on the edge of the rear fenders right on top of the tires.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy the DIC buttons and bring them with. The plug is literally behind the dash piece and clipped on to the backside. You could peel back that corner and plug it in to see hours. I did read there’s another way to see hours but can’t think of it off hand.

My Texas ex border patrol ssv has zero rust. It does have a ridiculous amount of red sand/dirt under it though lol

Shit! I wish I had the sand instead!