Looking to drop my 07' Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Just wondering what I should get to drop my tahoe a lil bit. After reading for a while it seems a belltech 2/3 drop is the way to go for what I want but just want to make sure. I ride 24s in the summer and stock 17s in the winter, that wont matter will it? Here is a pic of what it looks like now( and needs dropped bad!) Thanks for any info provided!

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
The link you posted is for a 00-06, I have an 07, Don't I need a different kit? Does the newer models make a diffference?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick, thanks! I was looking to get this in a few months so I will give you a heads up when I need it. Another question if you don't mind me asking. I wouldn't mind trying this myself, but am not too mechanically inclined. Is this that hard to do? Don't get me wrong, I'm no idiot, I just don't want to try to tackle something that is too much for me. This would be done in my driveway btw. Thanks for your help!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick, thanks! I was looking to get this in a few months so I will give you a heads up when I need it. Another question if you don't mind me asking. I wouldn't mind trying this myself, but am not too mechanically inclined. Is this that hard to do? Don't get me wrong, I'm no idiot, I just don't want to try to tackle something that is too much for me. This would be done in my driveway btw. Thanks for your help!

its a easy job you can do it in driveway.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Tony, I think I am ready for the drop kit. Last questions I promise.

1: How will this ride? I'm not looking for the smoothest perfect ride, but I want it like I would have just got it brand new. Is there anything else I should do/get to ensure this.

2: How quick is shipping, I am gonna be on vaca on the 23-29 of this month and that would give me plenty of time to try this myself.

3: I just register on tbssowners.com and purchase from their right?

4: Does it matter if I go with a 3 or 4 inch drop. I just want it level with the front. Thanks for your patience and all your help!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony, I think I am ready for the drop kit. Last questions I promise.

1: How will this ride? I'm not looking for the smoothest perfect ride, but I want it like I would have just got it brand new. Is there anything else I should do/get to ensure this.

2: How quick is shipping, I am gonna be on vaca on the 23-29 of this month and that would give me plenty of time to try this myself.

3: I just register on tbssowners.com and purchase from their right?

4: Does it matter if I go with a 3 or 4 inch drop. I just want it level with the front. Thanks for your patience and all your help!

the 2/3-4 kit rides great if you can do it get the rear belltech street performance shocks its adds 130 but you get new shorter shocks.

shipping from california takes 3-5 business days depending on how far you are away.

the one thing for the rear is that the springs are adjustable. usually with spindles and rear springs and 1 inch spacer the rear sits abotu 1/2 inch higher than the front which is perfect.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Tony, I really appreciate all the help. I will place the order when I get home today. Thanks again!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Tony, I really appreciate all the help. I will place the order when I get home today. Thanks again!

no problem if you want the rear shocks just email me I will have to send a custom paypal invoice but if you want the kit only and no rear shocks you can order directly from the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo