Looking for the benefits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
I meant nbs.
look like 2-3 comments above yours, he kinda spells out your questions

To those talking about the ride and what not, I am very much familiar with the ride quality and everything related to the chassis of both of these vehicles. I sold the NNBS, owned the NBS silverado, and drove the NBS suburban (family vehicle), and that burb was traded for the 07 NBS Yukon so my only questions really regard to mechanical reliability. This vehicle wont be driven a lot, but I want to make sure I am not creating a massive task for myself.
Is the AFM a reliability issue or just a nuisance? Does the new gen LS in the NNBS trucks have issues (have heard problems with 2011)? and are there electrical gremlins that are well known and a pain to deal with?

I love 2000s trucks and cars as they seem to be my favorites in style and how they drive. It seems what I am gathering is that if i'm not hearing massive clunks or obvious issues while driving the vehicle that I should be in the clear with nothing to worry about. I'm appreciative for everyone's input, I just hope I can find something nearby to help me unload this POS cherokee and get back in a full size.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my 08 Avalanche (NNBS - basically a Suburban with a pickup bed) with 160k+ on the clock. Ran perfect. And really the only reason I sold it was because the wife said I wasn't going to put $10,000 into a 9 y.o. vehicle (Was planning on a 6.0 and 6 speed out of an Escalade). So I went and bought a new Suburban.

I loved that truck. Best vehicle I ever owned...ever. Ever ever. Rode great, drove great, decent power, everything worked. Had just enough tech in it to be convenient and comfortable and yet just shy of a level of integration where you couldn't do anything to it (E.G. I was able to driveway install a replacement Pioneer head unit, speakers amp, backup cam, etc, and not lose my OnStar; hardwired backseat USB changers, added LED lighting, and add couple other convenience features)

IMO I would do what others have said and go for the '10~'14 model years and get the 6speed trans.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
Ok I have come across 3 NBS models in good shape from 150-204k miles on them. 2 of them are z71 models, and one is a Denali, all in pretty good shape. I need to go verify 2 of them look as good as they are, but is there a benefit to the z71s? The Denali is much prettier and that 6.0 is great, but does the Denali have any extra issues?

The Denali looks to be in tip top shape, meeting him Friday at lunch, only has 140k on it. Anything specific I should look at or pay attention to? I'm actually really excited about this one as it looks to be the best deal

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We’ve had an 06 & 08 Denali and the current 09 Year Escalade Platinum. The 06 Denali made such a significant impact on providing value and safety as well as the Denali only body styling its what I originally tried to repurchase in 2014.

I didn’t want to drive out to AZ to purchase that red, one owner NBS due to a lack of time. It had the OEM chrome 20’s and every option offered for $14k with 85k mi. It was in 9/10 condition. We got the 08 Denali in 2014 instead. It was 150 miles away instead of 1.5k mi.

Style wise, the NBS Denali nails it with its Denali only headlights, grill and bumpers. It’s technology is no nonsense, easy to service and parts are readily available.

Any regular service on it is an opportunity to upgrade for the same or less than oem. Paint. It will need paint. If you can find one that someone has resprayed, ****** it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PRE-99 ARE OBS (OLD BODY STYLE)
00-06 ARE NBS (NEW BODY STYLE)- 00 WAS CHANGEOVER YEAR SOME WERE MADE OBS/NBS
07-14 ARE NNBS (NEW NEW BODY STYLE) 07 WAS A CHANGEOVER YEAR FOR THE PICKUPS SOME WERE MADE NBS/NNBS NOW THEY ARE REFERRED TO AS "CLASSIC"
15-20 K2XX
2021+ T2XX (I THINK)
Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod