Looking for some HID recommendations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking to throw anyone under the bus; for all i know, something could be up with them... that said, going on almost two weeks with headlight out. Ripping the airbox out and rewiring everything is a PITA during winter..

Any vendor recommendations for the kensun?

Thanks Gents
kensun are available on amazon and on there website I think the prices are the same

Wikidbwoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been running Morimoto on all my vehicles. I haven't had any issues and the oldest set of HID's are going on 2 years now.

MikeNM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received good support from TRS. I retrofitted my 2007 Yukon XL with the Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projectors. I like the projectors, but I've had 3 failures on the high beam/low beam solenoid. TRS was good about replacing them.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been conversing with TRS, to make my FOG lights into HID's, using my stock housings.... / 880 bulb fitment. Morimoto 880 Elite HID kit. 5500K "pure white"......

Any thoughts? And, I am using my stock fog housings, correct?

I want super bright fogs..... Not going to use them with traffic ahead of me.
( Unless I'm pissed )... :boxing:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been conversing with TRS, to make my FOG lights into HID's, using my stock housings.... / 880 bulb fitment. Morimoto 880 Elite HID kit. 5500K "pure white"......

Any thoughts? And, I am using my stock fog housings, correct?

I want super bright fogs..... Not going to use them with traffic ahead of me.
( Unless I'm pissed )... :boxing:
You can certainly do it, but keep an eye for melted housings if you leave them on for extended periods. HID get hot and the housings are plastic without much room for heat dissipation. I’ve seen them melted.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket Man.... That's what a salvage yard is for.... Har-har.....

I will be aware of the heat then, when I use them.

Up-date.... I just ordered from TRS, 880 Morimoto Elite - Fog lights.
HID Ballasts
2 x 35w / AMP: Morimoto XB Ballast $100.00
880 HID Bulbs
2 x 880: XB 5500K $25.00
Wire Harness
1 x HD Relay: H11/H9/H8/880 $25.00

The 35w is only 10% less than the 50w, but obviously much brighter than an autoparts bulb.
The 35w will not be as much of a heat issue. And the 5500k choice, is a pure white.

Free shipping over $100.00.... ( Not bad, since most TRS items are over a 'yard'.)

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
You can certainly do it, but keep an eye for melted housings if you leave them on for extended periods. HID get hot and the housings are plastic without much room for heat dissipation. I’ve seen them melted.
I’ve used both the Denali/z71 and Tahoe got lights with hids. Denali ones don’t necessarily melt but the chrome turns black. Tahoe housings seem to dissipate the heat better and I never had any issues with hids in them.

billium39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not looking to throw anyone under the bus; for all i know, something could be up with them... that said, going on almost two weeks with headlight out. Ripping the airbox out and rewiring everything is a PITA during winter..

Any vendor recommendations for the kensun?

Thanks Gents

Throw them under, and when it passes pick them up and throw them under the next. The biggest regret I've had was ordering something from them! I'm in the same boat looking to replace my set of HID from them just so I don't have to deal with them anymore, I'm on my 3rd set in just over a year... or should I say trying to get my third set

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my TRS, 880 Morimoto Elite - Fog light kit yesterday. I am looking under my 2005 Yukon to see where the harness will mount. Not sure yet where the "OEM Input" end goes, and where the one single pigtail goes..... It's a neat harness kit..... Still learning....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts