Looking for some HID recommendations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
I've had two different sets of HID on my 2016 Tahoe from two different companies over the last two years. First company, Enlight, (enlightauto.com). Ballast failed within the first 4-5months. Enlight replaced the ballast. Shortly there after the one of the bulbs failed, still under the warranty period, reach out again to Enlight, radio silence. No reply to multiple emails, nothing. Ripped the system out of the truck and reinstalled the stock halogens.

Second set, from a active seller/vendor on this board. Ordered and installed their 6k HID kit. This kit was a bit unusual. I've had 6k HID kits on other vehicles and they've always had a bluish tint to them, which was fine. This kit was very blue, the light projection on the road and other surfaces was blue (almost that comical bluish tint you see on a eBay special Civic) and light projection was uneven. Reached out to them, they stated the kit may need to break in a bit or the bulbs might need to warm up. Many months later, issue remains... Last week the passenger side bulb (or ballast), still need to test. Reached out to the vendor last week via their site and through this board, no reply....

I'm looking for a quality HID kit that will last more than a year from a vendor which stand behind their warranty.

I've been looking at the Morimoto Elite kit from https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/h11-morimoto-elite.html

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh you must mean vanquish, that's the only vendor I see getting a bad rap around here.
I can recommend Kensun

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Not looking to throw anyone under the bus; for all i know, something could be up with them... that said, going on almost two weeks with headlight out. Ripping the airbox out and rewiring everything is a PITA during winter..

Any vendor recommendations for the kensun?

Thanks Gents

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking to throw anyone under the bus; for all i know, something could be up with them... that said, going on almost two weeks with headlight out. Ripping the airbox out and rewiring everything is a PITA during winter..

Any vendor recommendations for the kensun?

Thanks Gents
I don’t have a problem dashing Vanquish Auto after all the headaches they’ve put members through here. You’re far from the first to have been through hell because of them. I don’t understand why they haven’t been booted from this forum tbh.

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
I appreciate the recommendations. I guess I'll move forward with an order from TRS as it doesn't appear Vanquish is going to reply.

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the TRS brand work good with the daytime running lamps for a 2011 Yukon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC