Looking for OEM Bose NAV/head unit for 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock Bose NAV/Radio head unit on my 2005 Tahoe is about dead. The FM is out, Sirius XM reception is spotty and the NAV quit working years ago (never was a very good GPS) and can’t get the NAV CD out of it. I don’t want to invest in an aftermarket unit and hope to find a used OEM unit that can be an easy install.

Anyone have a working model of such a unit that they want to part with? The NAV does not need to work but I need working FM and Sirius XM.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock Bose NAV/Radio head unit on my 2005 Tahoe is about dead. The FM is out, Sirius XM reception is spotty and the NAV quit working years ago (never was a very good GPS) and can’t get the NAV CD out of it. I don’t want to invest in an aftermarket unit and hope to find a used OEM unit that can be an easy install.

Anyone have a working model of such a unit that they want to part with? The NAV does not need to work but I need working FM and Sirius XM.
I have one... I pulled out of my 04 Tahoe a few months ago. Sirius XM/Bose receiver.
I did not have the CD for NAV, so I never tested that, but the rest worked fine.

I only replaced it because I really needed BT hands-free calling, backup cam and really wanted to stream from Spotify or Amazon so I could play my own music selections.

I'll post photos tomorrow. If interested, you can DM and we could work on a fair price that works for both of us.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I have one... I pulled out of my 04 Tahoe a few months ago. Sirius XM/Bose receiver.
I did not have the CD for NAV, so I never tested that, but the rest worked fine.

I only replaced it because I really needed BT hands-free calling, backup cam and really wanted to stream from Spotify or Amazon so I could play my own music selections.

I'll post photos tomorrow. If interested, you can DM and we could work on a fair price that works for both of us.
The new to you unit will need to be flashed to your vin, or it won't work.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new to you unit will need to be flashed to your vin, or it won't work.
That is something to consider. You would need a Tech 2, a friend close by with a Tech 2 or some other bi-directional scan tool to program the VIN to the factory radio.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That is something to consider. You would need a Tech 2, a friend close by with a Tech 2 or some other bi-directional scan tool to program the VIN to the factory radio.
I know there's a chip you can take out of a non GPS unit to make it work without a vin flash, but I'm not sure about the GPS unit. Also--do you need a subscription for your Tech 2 to reflash the radio?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked XM OK, but not when the looped through music I did not like. Streaming, BT hands-free calling, Android Auto/Apple Car Play capabilities and being able to see and hear NAV directions was most important to me.

I just couldn't get that easily or cheaply by keeping the factory radio unit.
Even an inexpensive unit, like my Boss Audio, was such a huge upgrade out of the stone ages for me! I am so much happier with the new one being able to do so much more.

No programming to VIN on the new ones...

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there's a chip you can take out of a non GPS unit to make it work without a vin flash, but I'm not sure about the GPS unit. Also--do you need a subscription for your Tech 2 to reflash the radio?
I have not done it, but I don't think there is anything extra (subscription, etc.) for that kind of programming.
I know they can program other critical systems modules, which from what I have seen, is built-in capability of the Tech 2.

I am not anywhere close to being Tech 2 expert yet. Still getting feet wet with basics on the tool...

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

Did you ever find the head unit?

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I’ve considered buying an aftermarket unit with SiriusXM and CarPlay but haven’t done anything yet as the head unit & install package are more than I want to spend on this almost 200k mile vehicle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt