Looking for diagnostic scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI -

Just got an email from Chinacardiags.com...

12th Anniversary promo sale!

Vetronix Tech 2 (GM Tech 2 clone) without hard case is 27% off
On sale now for $239 ($329 regular).

Hard case version is $352 (7% off reg. $379).

This is not any kind of sponsored message. Just thought there might be a bunch of you on the fence thinking of buying a Tech 2 clone, who would be interested in saving $90!

I was really happy with the one I got. It was still a good deal even if it wasn't at this lower price.
Scanner is good build quality and works great!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Autel's REQUIRE an active subscription to function? When the subscription expires, then the tool is essentially useless?
no, you just would not have any further updates until the subscription was updated again, so say you bought it in 2020 and it came with a 1 year sub, then as of 2021 if you wanted to use it on say a 2024 it might not have all the needed information to work until it was updated again.
just because the subscription ended does not cripple the device.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, you just would not have any further updates until the subscription was updated again, so say you bought it in 2020 and it came with a 1 year sub, then as of 2021 if you wanted to use it on say a 2024 it might not have all the needed information to work until it was updated again.
just because the subscription ended does not cripple the device.
Agreed. Even in the example you gave with the Autel, it could work even longer if the manufacturer didn't make any major changes to vehicle system programming.

My Vetronix Tech 2 clone is supposed to be good on GM up to 2006 (or 07? I forgot). No updates required if working on GM up to that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat