Looking for a Toyota Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looking for a smaller downsized Toyota pickup for my girl. She has a 2500 1990 4x4 extended cab long bed that is a beast with 128k miles on it but I want to downsize and she does not want a car. I know that Toyota's are quality and would never own an S10. If you know of one in the PNW or have one yourself, hit me up. 4x4 for sure by the way.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yep, Had forgot about the Colorado. Still want to think about a Toyota. When I ran shops, the Toyota vehicles handled lack of maintenance better than any other manufacturer.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love a Toyota pickup. Old man down the road now has 44x,000 on his '03 super cab Tacoma V-6/auto/2WD. It's the one I posted the video of me revving the engine with a washer balanced on the intake manifold at 420K. The rear U-joints were trashed and rest of them were worn. Had some minor camber wear and needed tires. He was about to offload it. $4,000+ later, it has new tires, ball joints, tie rods, an alignment, and complete new driveshaft with joints and center bearing (from Toyota). Three of the techs at the shop were trying to buy the truck from him.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Found and bought this one at my local CL: https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-2004-tacoma-double-cab/7520150105.html Got it for $15k. The owner is a local Acura dealer ASE Master Tech and this thing is pristine. I also get the rear springs mentioned in the ad, the original chrome grill, and the original air cleaner housing assembly. Runs like a top, looks great underneath, all works as advertised, is pristine inside with no tears or scrapes, the rear canopy looks like brand new, great tread on the tires, great looking aftermarket wheels, a/c is ice cold and heater is hot, belts look great and timing belt was done at 114k miles. Great power and smooth braking. Here are some more pics from today:

IMG_20220813_201838.jpgIMG_20220813_201842.jpg

IMG_20220813_201849.jpg

IMG_20220813_201854.jpg

IMG_20220813_201858.jpg

By the way, we did remove the seat covers and the original seats are pristine as well. The covers were put on by the owner before this one and he just left them on.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found and bought this one at my local CL: https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-2004-tacoma-double-cab/7520150105.html Got it for $15k. The owner is a local Acura dealer ASE Master Tech and this thing is pristine. I also get the rear springs mentioned in the ad, the original chrome grill, and the original air cleaner housing assembly. Runs like a top, looks great underneath, all works as advertised, is pristine inside with no tears or scrapes, the rear canopy looks like brand new, great tread on the tires, great looking aftermarket wheels, a/c is ice cold and heater is hot, belts look great and timing belt was done at 114k miles. Great power and smooth braking. Here are some more pics from today:

View attachment 377909View attachment 377910

View attachment 377911

View attachment 377912

View attachment 377913

By the way, we did remove the seat covers and the original seats are pristine as well. The covers were put on by the owner before this one and he just left them on.

Awesome truck. Especially after being in your hands, it could be passed down to your great-grandkids.

Please do something about that hot air intake! I think the black grille is more appropriate. OME stuff is top-notch. I think those are the same wheels my neighbor has on his '03.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Awesome truck. Especially after being in your hands, it could be passed down to your great-grandkids.

Please do something about that hot air intake!
That is the first thing I am doing. The noise is *****. If he did not have the original set up for that, I was going to negotiate another $200 off for my troubles of finding one. My girl absolutely hates the noise.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the first thing I am doing. The noise is *****. If he did not have the original set up for that, I was going to negotiate another $200 off for my troubles of finding one. My girl absolutely hates the noise.

Good luck with the new ride man! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts