Longest Lasting Trucks. How Many Miles on Yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Anyone wanna read that whole thread and post back here what the highest mileage was??

lol

For kicks: '03 Denali. 165,000 miles, most of which are from driving in Alaska, which means harsh weather and lots of hills. There really aren't any flat AND straight roads here.

Have had zero engine issues.

Just got it back from the shop where they:

-replaced fuel pump
-replaced leaking oil pan gasket
-replaced leaking oil hose
-replaced leaking differential seals/gaskets up front.

I also had the suspension compressor go out. Replaced it and rear shocks. Strongly recommend if this happens to you NOT replacing with OEM parts. Get HD Bilstein shocks or go to Arnott Industries home page and order from them.

Yukon Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been rocking my 01' since it had 74K miles almost 6 years ago and now I am at 182,000.

All that I have replace in over 100,000 miles of abusive lead foot:

A/C compressor (drier and orifice).

Two drive belts and two A/C belts (Gatorback lasted almost 4 years before it got squeely and now my Gates is approaching it's life's end).

Two sets of tires

Rear brake pads only.

K&N Air filter.

That's it. Dave didn't drive the strongest, longest lasting, most dependable trucks on the road......He drove a Ford. <---best Super Bowl XLVI commercial I saw.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had zero engine issues.

Just got it back from the shop where they:

-replaced fuel pump
-replaced leaking oil pan gasket
-replaced leaking oil hose
-replaced leaking differential seals/gaskets up front.

I also had the suspension compressor go out. Replaced it and rear shocks. Strongly recommend if this happens to you NOT replacing with OEM parts. Get HD Bilstein shocks or go to Arnott Industries home page and order from them.
DenaliAK,

How much did oil pan gasket replacement cost? I have that issue, but was told for my 02 yuk that the tranny has to drop, therefore costing big bucs. I'm holding off as long as I can for that. Had the rear main seal replaced on mine for second time last year, (second one) at 136kmiles, first one done about 80k miles.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
DenaliAK,

How much did oil pan gasket replacement cost? I have that issue, but was told for my 02 yuk that the tranny has to drop, therefore costing big bucs. I'm holding off as long as I can for that. Had the rear main seal replaced on mine for second time last year, (second one) at 136kmiles, first one done about 80k miles.

The labor for the gasket may not reflect normal labor costs, since they had to tear things out to access more than one thing they fixed. I saved a few hundred dollars on the total by having them do it all at once, cutting down on the overall labor costs. But, that said, labor was $285 and the part was $68 as billed.

Bedore

Reaction score
121k miles, truck has been nothing but a problem. List of parts replaced is too long, but pretty much everything but the motor/trans has been replaced. Lesson learned!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
121k miles, truck has been nothing but a problem. List of parts replaced is too long, but pretty much everything but the motor/trans has been replaced. Lesson learned!

Bummer.

For some reason there is always that odd vehicle that just doesn't work quite right from the get-go.

My wife had a Ford Aerostar when we got married. Not particularly known for it's awesome reliability. But hers just kept going. We never had any mechanical issues. None. We sold it when it had over 200,000 miles on it. It was in like 3 wrecks (for some reason was a magnet for idiots to hit) but it just kept truckin....

Bedore

Reaction score
Bummer.

For some reason there is always that odd vehicle that just doesn't work quite right from the get-go.

My wife had a Ford Aerostar when we got married. Not particularly known for it's awesome reliability. But hers just kept going. We never had any mechanical issues. None. We sold it when it had over 200,000 miles on it. It was in like 3 wrecks (for some reason was a magnet for idiots to hit) but it just kept truckin....

Whoa, an Aerostar with no problems? Must be a record, haha. Growing up my dad bought an Aerostar....don't think it ever saw the road. Same with a Colt Vista he had. I really like the truck, but it really has been nickel and diming me to death this past year. Stupid stuff too, but oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe