Long Tube Header Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfletch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Having some problems with my header and exhaust install. I ordered some pacesetter long tube headers, x pipe, high flow cats, and two magnaflow mufflers. Guy at the exhaust shop is saying that its not possible to run true duals with the 2 door tahoes. Is this true? Hes saying it gets too close to a plastic fuel line to run dual pipes after the header and it has to go down to a single pipe at some point. Can somebody please show me pics of their exhaust setup if you've made it work? Or am I really stuck with a Y pipe to fake dual exhaust set up?

For additional info its a 99 2 door tahoe 4x4

I spent a lot of time doing research for this and its become quite expensive and now it seems like its not even going to work, please help!

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
If that were true then why do stock 2-door Tahoes have dual exahuast and dual cats all the way back to the single muffler? Sound like you need to find a new exhaust shop and a tech who is more confident in his pipe-bending skills.

OP
OP
jfletch

jfletch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If that were true then why do stock 2-door Tahoes have dual exhaust and dual cats all the way back to the single muffler? Sound like you need to find a new exhaust shop and a tech who is more confident in his pipe-bending skills.
Yeah turns out the guy didn't have any idea what he was doing and left me with straight headers for a few days till I found someone to do what I actually wanted. Sounded good! But a little too loud lol
Will post pics soon

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah turns out the guy didn't have any idea what he was doing and left me with straight headers for a few days till I found someone to do what I actually wanted. Sounded good! But a little too loud lol
Will post pics soon
Maybe a sound clip too.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will post pics soon

So the true duals fit? Did they just cut off the muffler and put two in its place...turned sideways maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jfletch

jfletch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got everything fixed up now guys thanks for the advice! Going to be making a few videos to show everybody.
Here's one with open headers on the way to get my exhaust finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz