Lock on Middleconsole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i try to explain my problem. I hope that works..

In the center console there are the two compartments under which the ashtray and the drink holders are located.

Both have a flap that you can tap and open. When you close the flap, it locks automatically.

For me, this does not work with the front one. It goes straight back on. Today I disassembled it to see what the problem is.

There is a locking mechanism in a square opening, which is only plugged in. A hook from the flap drives into this. In my Console, this mechanism is completely absent.

But my center console is in very good condition. Now the question is whether you can buy this mechanism somewhere individually?

But I don't even know what it's called in English. Can anyone help me, or maybe even has one in stock?

Thank you in advance

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess the odds of getting just the "hook" or latching mechanism (or even just the little pop-up lid) by it self are probably pretty close to none.
I doubt any of that was available as individual components from GM parts, even when the trucks were in production.

You might have to decide whether you would spend the money to buy a donor console or just continue living with the lid that won't stay closed.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess the odds of getting just the "hook" or latching mechanism (or even just the little pop-up lid) by it self are probably pretty close to none.
I doubt any of that was available as individual components from GM parts, even when the trucks were in production.

You might have to decide whether you would spend the money to buy a donor console or just continue living with the lid that won't stay closed.
Yes, i guess that is true. Propably someone has a damaged middle console part, ready for garbage where this part can be dissasembled, because it seems only to be assembled into a oppening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons