Location suggestions for SiriusXM Sat radio receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions about the installation of a SiriusXM SXV300v1 tuner, that is, where to instal it so it's out of the way. The antenna has a pretty long cable, so that's no problem.

Anyone?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put mine inside the dash and the antenna is just under the dash near the front window, the antenna will receive thru a layer of plastic

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, while I'm still working on the installation, it looks like the best location for the Sir/XM receiver will be below the HVAC controls where a CD player lives now. That will be removed, the new bezel came with a blank off plate so the cubby hole won't be there any more. It should fit just fine. The cable to the head unit is more than long enough and the antenna almost has too much length. I'm going to try the under dash panel suggested by Doubelieve to see how that receives. I like my sat radio, I've set up receiving the programming on line, too. Channel 125, if you like political commentary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne