Like to know mileage left on low fuel light to empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my light comes on when I have about 6 gallons left to go

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most importantly, don't forget the Fuel Pumps are prone to go out in these.

They say to keep the tank half full to cool the pump.

I just find it hard to believe that we are to keep our tanks half full. I would be putting gas in every 3rd to 4th day. I try not to let it get to the low fuel light though. About 5 tanks back I went 321 before the low fuel light camne on.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that we are to keep our tanks half full. I would be putting gas in every 3rd to 4th day. I try not to let it get to the low fuel light though. About 5 tanks back I went 321 before the low fuel light camne on.

True you are filling up more but its not costing you any more and you are reducing the chance that you pump goes out prematurely. And you don't have to worry about running out of gas if you need to jump in the car and go somewhere

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I had my Hoe I think I've seen the low fuel light once. I usually fill up before the light comes on to try and prevent damaging the pump.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Based on the pump issues on these trucks I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank especially in the summer.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol my truck is rarely over 1/2 tank...its always on the low fuel light...ive driven 4 days before with the light on, about 50 miles i think...i felt like Kramer in sinfeld when he drove as far as he could on the test drive..

that being said, my fuel pump has mad a ton of noise since i got it. I cant use a drive through sometimes because its so loud, but it hasnt gone out and its been 1.5 years..

JoeOmerta

Reaction score
I usually put in 26-27 gallons when i fill my tank, the light comes on when the dash says i've used 25.5gal. it's a 31 gal tank and i think the most i've ever put in it was around 29.4gal. But i try not to let it get that bad. But i'm usually good for 60 miles or so comfortably

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269