Lights on rear hatch??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Anybody here have or seen anyone with lights on the rear cargo hatch? I've been thinking about putting some but not sure how or what kind. I thought maybe buying a couple of rear cargo dome lights and cutting them in on the rear hatch panel but thought maybe some peeps on here had better ideas... Pics would be nice if you have 'em too... Thx!

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most police versions have them up there. we drive chargers but i know the ones at my old dept and probally my neighboring city now have a LED light on the hatch....but they dont really do much as far as wide spread light....

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea.. what about some thin courtesy lights from a boat - some flush mount LED's would be slick..

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. I vote LEDs. Maybe some leds on the side panels too, so the cargo area will be lit when you open the rear hatch.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i saw someone here with it done. no clue who it was though. i think they were the oval trailer light style led lights

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, though it might be quicker, easier, and more reliable to find a nice bright light for the rear cargo area, rather than run the wires through the rear door.

OP
OP
01TX_Tahoe

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
i've been eyeballing those led lights for boats too. i just don't want it to stick out too far in case i put something behind the third row seats. i don't want it to knock the light off or break it. i like the idea of putting some on the side panels tho. imma keep lookin for something to put back there. once i get it done i'll post some pics.

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about those led strips like at pep boys maybe tuck them in where the interior trim meets the carpet or right on the lip of the interior trim?

just a thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004

Latest posts