Lighting Write up Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
hey Modded i was just wondering on the back of your headlight i noticed that your day time running light u added wire with a resistor in it. is this so that the led's wont burn out because of the variable voltage and if so does this work thanks

Attachments

• GEDC0400[1].jpg
    GEDC0400[1].jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Jdub its so it will not kill the LEDs in that place, I went through like 3 sets before I put those in, have been fine ever since but it really took away from the brightness of the LEDs.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Yeah Jdub its so it will not kill the LEDs in that place, I went through like 3 sets before I put those in, have been fine ever since but it really took away from the brightness of the LEDs.

I thought you only needed resistors on turn signals?

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No you need them for the DRLs too, the ones for the DRLs are called LED protectors though but they are just little resistors.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I got the HIDs from DDM Tuning Jr, but I plan on ordering my next set from Spencer HIDs, google it.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Apexcone HID bulb (6000k) with High voltage connectors to attach to the ballast/igniter output.

Modded,

Why'd you go with 6000k? I bought Silverstar headlights but after learning that it's just as difficult to replace the bulbs as it would be to install an HID conversion kit, I'm going to order from Spencer's. I don't want the lights to be too blue, so I was thinking 4.5k...

Are you happy with 6000k? Would you recommend I sack up and get the Low beam and fog light combo from them?

THANKS!

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I went with 6000k mainly becasue I woul rather have some blue, than some yellow, which is what 5000k has. I was happy with 6000k, but had to go up to 8000k so the LED fog lights could match my HIDbulbs, which they do now.

I say you just get the 6000k headlights and matching 25w fog light HIDs from Spencer, will run a nice bill though.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I went with 6000k mainly becasue I woul rather have some blue, than some yellow, which is what 5000k has. I was happy with 6000k, but had to go up to 8000k so the LED fog lights could match my HIDbulbs, which they do now.

I say you just get the 6000k headlights and matching 25w fog light HIDs from Spencer, will run a nice bill though.

Yeah... only $270 for the low headlights and foglights combo... seems cheap to me, considering on my old vehicles, HID kits were $600+.

I don't want my headlights to look like an aftermarket bulb, like those guys on the road driving old chevys and fords that just look rediculous because they're HID kits are soo purple.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I ended up speaking to Spencer from Spencer's HIDs and decided to go with 5000k bulbs, and 25w Foglights.

I'll be sure to post pictures and any other install information I can to add to this wonderful thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz